What's new

Microsoft Edge How to delete 500 websites in Favourites folder

Nys299

I tried to import my favourites from chrome browser to the edge browser. The import was very messy and I would like to delete the 500 odd websites that were imported to the favorites bar. Now I just want to delete all the website links in the favorites tab. How do I do it? Surely MS does not expect me to do it one by one? HELP!!

TeknoBlast

I was like to know that too. I imported my Links, but it was sort of a mess, which I already sorted out. However, I noticed that the Favorites folder that's under the User folder is not associated to Edge. Can someone verify this?

I changed up the contents in that Favorites folder, but Edge never saw any of the changes.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Your User "Favorites" folder is not mapped by Edge. That is a holdover from Internet Explorer.
Browse to and directly, carefully, modify your Edge favorites here:
Code:
%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites\Links
and
Code:
%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

You may want to back them up somewhere before editing them.

malberttoo

Where can I find the %LocalAppData% folder?

First you have to make hidden folders visible. Double-click on your user folder, then click on the File tab, then "Change folder and search options", then the "View" tab. In the "Advanced Settings" area, about halfway down, change the setting to "Show hidden...".

Now look in your user folder, and you'll see a slightly opaque "AppData" folder.

Edit- you're actually looking for AppData> Local...

Last edited:

TeknoBlast

So are the Links not suppose to sync up to all WIN10 devices, even though the Sync settings are set?

narse77

%LocalAppData% is a wildcard, Windows has many of them. Just press the Windows key plus R and paste in the path sharpcolorado specified.