What's new

Microsoft Edge is part of the problem.

thinkthis

Like many of you I was super excited to open my Surface Book up and play with my shiny new toy, only to discover that there were errors all over the place. Specifically, I had the intel display adapter crashing problem (every few minutes) and the display color shifting problem that others have experienced when scrolling or moving windows.

However, the second I installed and switched to Firefox (others have reported problems with Chrome so I haven't tried installing that yet), all of those problems went away.

I don't have a dock yet so I can't speak to whether or not any dock related problems are solved by not using edge. What I can say is that with Edge open I felt like the Surface Book was a glitchy nightmare, but with Edge closed and Firefox open I haven't experienced any glitching, display problems, or crashes. So far, everything is totally smooth for me.

So I HIGHLY recommend trying Firefox out if you are experiencing issues. Let me know if this fixes your issues to or it is just a giant coincidence for me.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even IE doesn't seem to have the issue. Plus IE allows the Tracking lists to stop the ADs without which Edge is super laggy.
I think we know why JB really left, missed the mark. ;)
(Of course you can do the Hosts file trick in Edge but it's perhaps a bit too aggressive and modifying it is a challenge.)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Edge in TH2 is vastly improved....TH1's version seemed to be still at a Beta Quality....

leeshor

It's even worse with Flash installed. I feel that Edge is one of the primary issues for many of the problems people are seeing when browsing. imho it's the worst thing about the Surface on 10.

Edge seems to crash on me often. Typically when my SP3 or SB wakes from sleep, if Edge was running, it becomes unresponsive every time the computer wakes.

lmckeor

Whenever I got to some pages like Paypal checkout, or Salsefroce.com pages, the screen will go black when using EDGE.

I have to hit the Windows key to get it to come back up

If I don't use EDGE most of my problems disappear

sqenixs

Whenever I got to some pages like Paypal checkout, or Salsefroce.com pages, the screen will go black when using EDGE.

I have to hit the Windows key to get it to come back up

If I don't use EDGE most of my problems disappear
I have the same problem.