What's new

Microsoft Hints at 2 New Surface Tablets in FY14

ArnoldC

This? :D

kevinturnerslidewpc2013.jpg

(look hard on the pink ones)

kristalsoldier

I am not sure this suggests a new edition of the Surface. And, if I am not mistaken, MJ over at ZDN pretty much leave the issue wide open - though I can't imagine what new accessories the Surface can have aside from docks, keyboard + battery combos etc. I can see how firmware updates can refine/ optimize the current line. That said, I do hope MS does issue a newer version of the RT - with a better processor and perhaps by opening up RT OS a bit to make it a bit more flexible (for example, to enable the use of USD Ethernet adapters etc.).

Lolvo

All great updates and releases, but I don't see anything that screams new tablets. But we'll see them soon:)

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Also remember that Microsoft's Fiscal year started July 1st, so that means we could see a new Surface between now and June 30th, 2014.

kristalsoldier

MJF has been hinting about a new RT. She likes her RT as much as I do, I think :D

Yeah, but I am not looking forward to a 7-9 inch RT though. I like the 10" form factor - pretty much the way it is, perhaps with an even better battery and most definitely a better resolution.

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I think we may see 2 new Surface RT tablets, one running on the Qualcomm snapdragon sporting the 7 or 8" Screen with 4G and one running the NVidia Tegra4 running the 10.6" that will be WiFi Only. If I were to venture further into speculation, the smaller will be 1280x800 and the 10.6 will be Full HD. :)

kristalsoldier

I think we may see 2 new Surface RT tablets, one running on the Qualcomm snapdragon sporting the 7 or 8" Screen with 4G and one running the NVidia Tegra4 running the 10.6" that will be WiFi Only. If I were to venture further into speculation, the smaller will be 1280x800 and the 10.6 will be Full HD. :)

Now you are talking...the only thing...I don't know too much about the Tegra4 chip....but full HD...yes!