What's new

Microsoft Lumia 950 Officially Launches Tomorrow on AT&T

dgstorm

Editor in Chief

Tomorrow is the big day for folks interested in grabbing the new Lumia 950 in the US. The new smartphone will officially go on sale at AT&T for $149.99 with a new 2-year contract agreement, or $599 off contract. Alternatively you could get the device with AT&T Next payment plans starting from $19.97 per month (for 30 months).

Source: Microsoft Lumia 950 Arrives at AT&T Nov. 20 | AT&T

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just seems odd to release a product before any reviews are published. I know I won't be buying one unless reviews convince me otherwise (although just found 1 app that means I will be android until Windows phone can offer the same functionality)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well reviews are not looking very positive so far. Although it's quite easy to identify the ones who simply have beef against both the phone and OS. Will wait for anandtech

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cheap looking device at a premium price... what did you expect.

I've personally no issue wit the price or looks. I actually love the looks. Simple but solid. Most of the reviews seems to focus most of their disapproval over exactly what you would expect. Apps. I'm stuck with android because of 1 specific app, but other than that i'd have no issue picking one up, apps are almost completely wasted on me. I've no use for them.

CrippsCorner

I don't use that many apps compared to some, but I do use them regularly... can anyone tell me if Google Chrome/Drive/Maps/Photos, Evernote, Facebook, IMDb, Photobucket, SwiftKey, TripAdvisor, TuneIn Radio, Twitter & YouTube are available?

I think I'm particularly disappointed with the looks of the phone as I'm desperate to see a Surface Phone!

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't use that many apps compared to some, but I do use them regularly... can anyone tell me if Google Chrome/Drive/Maps/Photos, Evernote, Facebook, IMDb, Photobucket, SwiftKey, TripAdvisor, TuneIn Radio, Twitter & YouTube are available?

I think I'm particularly disappointed with the looks of the phone as I'm desperate to see a Surface Phone!

The only apps i use are natwest, photobucket, and a tethering app.

I read a story a week or two back suggesting that microsoft were in discussion with intel regarding a surface phone.

The looks are definitely not for everyone.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I possibly will get one but i'm pretty happy with my Lumia 930 right now. It had a software update the other day, not sure what it did but it's snappy as anything now mega responsive. After over a year with it I'm still very happy with it's performance, none of the slow downs/ app issues I had (performance type issues) I had with Android.

I'm hopeful that universal apps will help the ecosystem after all if developers can develop one app that will work on Windows 10 (with how many users) and also on windows tablets and phones they might be more tempted to. The new mail app looks better than the mail app on my Lumia 930.

Still wondering when the 930 will get the Win10 upgrade but I don't want to jump yet as I beleive there's still some issues with it.

CrippsCorner

I always thought I wanted a Surface Phone, and sure I'd love to see one... but would I buy it? I don't know. Apple Pay, Siri & Touch ID have just become a part of my life. I know there are Microsoft alternatives for most things but I'm not sure I can be bothered to try them out.

I use Microsoft Health, OneNote, Outlook & Skype on my iPhone so they're not completely useless :p