What's new

microsoft office home & student 2013 for surface

right i have a sony vaio laptop that wouldnt start so had to do a factory reset , i knew i was buying the surface pro 3 in a month or so but needed office for my work timesheets etc

i purchased office from the microsoft store to download not the subscription version but the one off payment

the question is will i need to uninstall windows on my laptop before i install it on the surface as its only for one computer , or will i get away with keeping it on my laptop and installing it on my surface too

ctitanic

I'm not sure, try installing it without uninstalling it from your laptop and see what happens. Some times you get a license that's valid to up to 5 PCs.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have two copies of office. I had to Reset a couple times and reinstalled office... when it prompts me to choose a key from my account I can't tell which copy is which and just pick the first one. Frankly IDGAF if they can't be bothered with keeping track why should I.

OP
S

sean_scouser

thanks for advice think i will take me chance and install on surface and see what happens like , if i have to uninstall on laptop will do that as surface will be main gadget i will be using , just gotta wait till i get home now to use it