What's new

Microsoft replaced my surface pro 2 with pro 3

Expecho

Hmm just called support, they said I can keep the Type Cover 2, pen and power adapter of the Surface Pro 2.

vincethewipet

It took that long for me. I called on the 3rd of January and just now (Jan 18th) got the email that my replacement has shipped. My account has been updated with the replacement SP3 serial number. I've contacted them multiple times just like you and was informed each time it's delayed, with no ETA. Here is part of the support transcript:

Mario: I can see here that the order is included on our inventory report for delayed orders.
Mario: We greatly apologize if the order is getting delayed.
Mario: The reason behind is because we had alot of orders that were placed on hold because of the past holidays and some of these orders have no stocks available on our service center and unfortunately, your order is one of them.

Might just have to wait it out.

I am still in the same situation. I requested an advanced exchange December 28th, and I still did not receive my replacement. Nobody can tell me exactly why it is taking so long. The shipping date of my order is TBD (To Be Determined).

I wonder if anyone else is having the same delay, especially in Canada. Unfortunately, I don't live near a Microsoft store...

GoodBytes

I am still in the same situation. I requested an advanced exchange December 28th, and I still did not receive my replacement. Nobody can tell me exactly why it is taking so long. The shipping date of my order is TBD (To Be Determined).

I wonder if anyone else is having the same delay, especially in Canada. Unfortunately, I don't live near a Microsoft store...
Grreeeeaaat, I am in Canada too, and also don't have a Microsoft Store near me (6h drive just to get to the city that has one). I was planning on calling to have my system replaced, because my headphone jack is broken.

vincethewipet

Grreeeeaaat, I am in Canada too, and also don't have a Microsoft Store near me (6h drive just to get to the city that has one). I was planning on calling to have my system replaced, because my headphone jack is broken.

Yeah, it's not ideal. I think the people at the "Answer Desk" have no real connexion to the service center, they can only see the inventory stock. It's not very helpful to know what's going on.

I will keep you updated on my delayed replacement!

24Cagri

Hello,

So if i'm right I will get an SP3 when I sent my SP2 to repair?

Got some problems with my battery and it disconnects the type cover during typing.

Got an SP2 512GB, that means they will replace it with 512GB SP3? I don't want to get an refurbished tablet because my tablet looks like new with no scratches..

And the fact I need it for school atm so I can't sent it right now. But if they upgrade it then why not:p

GoodBytes

I can't say for sure if you'll get a SP2 or SP3. But you will get a refurbished one. Expect scratched too.
You can send it via "Advanced Exchange", that is Microsoft puts a hold on your credit card of the amount of about 500$ (I believe), and then they'll send you the replacement device. Once you have it, you just take it, and put the broken one in the box and send it back to Microsoft as per their directions, and once they received it, they'll remove the hold on your credit card.

vincethewipet

Well, for the moment Microsoft doesn't want to send me anything :p. I contacted the Answer Desk again today, and I have been told that they will look into sending me something else than a Surface Pro 2 (I already waited one month for one to be in stock). A few hours later I received an email telling me that I have priority for the next SP2 that they will have… Which could be never. It’s very difficult to have a confirmation that they will send a SP3.

Microsoft Surface support is very frustrating.

GoodBytes

Well, for the moment Microsoft doesn't want to send me anything :p. I contacted the Answer Desk again today, and I have been told that they will look into sending me something else than a Surface Pro 2 (I already waited one month for one to be in stock). A few hours later I received an email telling me that I have priority for the next SP2 that they will have… Which could be never. It’s very difficult to have a confirmation that they will send a SP3.

Microsoft Surface support is very frustrating.
:/
It is like they are still obsess in giving you a SP2. They don't know they have none.
I would contact them again via phone, and pressure things. Say it has been a month, and you can't use your device, and you need it. Ask for supervisor and all that. If that doesn't move things, I would file BBB report against Microsoft.

conan1600

this is interesting reading. i have just checked on my warranty on my sp2 because of a screen and hinge issue. i went through the whole process and at the end she told me there would be a 1000 dollar hold on cc. my cc i carry is a small limit so i told her i would have to complete the advance request after my wife gets home. 1000 is a far cry from 500. why am being charged so much? afterwards i googled and found this thread. i wonder if i will get a 3?