What's new

Microsoft replaced my surface pro 2 with pro 3

vincethewipet

Well, I still don’t have my replacement. My contact at the Global Escalations Services has been trying for the entire week trying to know why the service center wasn’t sending my replacement, which was supposedly in stock. Now everyone from the service center is gone for the weekend, and my tablet has not been shipped. So, Monday, we will try something new: if the service center doesn’t send the replacement, my contact will do a request with the Microsoft Store instead.

The good news is that no one is in the backorder list for a tablet at the moment, so if you want to make an exchange, it’s a good time. The rush from the Holidays has passed. I am the only one in Canada still waiting. I feel special :).

vincethewipet

I finally received my replacement! It took more than two months, and Microsoft doesn’t know why. There was a lot of back-ordered tablets for the Holydays, but after that it should have been faster for me the receive something.

The good news is that I got a big upgrade. I had a SP2 64gb, I received a SP3 256gb. 4x the storage, 2x more RAM, so this is nice.

Microsoft is investigating what went wrong, si hopefully nobody else will have the same problem.

conan1600

I finally received my replacement! It took more than two months, and Microsoft doesn’t know why. There was a lot of back-ordered tablets for the Holydays, but after that it should have been faster for me the receive something.

The good news is that I got a big upgrade. I had a SP2 64gb, I received a SP3 256gb. 4x the storage, 2x more RAM, so this is nice.

Microsoft is investigating what went wrong, si hopefully nobody else will have the same problem.
Well i'm glad to hear that it finally worked out. took long enough but they did right in the end. Hope you enjoy it

M3ntal0

At first sorry for my english
i sent my SP2 to microsoft, because i couldnt reinstall windows 10 (stuck in the boot loop). Unfortunately my kickstand in my Sp2 is damaged so they just sent it back after 2 weeks, without a replacement and without helping me with the boot loop problem. They said that i won't have warranty on a device which is not in a good constitution. Im very angry about Microsoft...

GoodBytes

At first sorry for my english
i sent my SP2 to microsoft, because i couldnt reinstall windows 10 (stuck in the boot loop). Unfortunately my kickstand in my Sp2 is damaged so they just sent it back after 2 weeks, without a replacement and without helping me with the boot loop problem. They said that i won't have warranty on a device which is not in a good constitution. Im very angry about Microsoft...
If they see damage, they assume the internal is damaged, and if you don't have accidental warranty, they can't do a replacement.
Keep in mind that Microsoft doesn't fix your system, as the system can't be opened easily, there is a full process that takes time to do. So they'll send you a refurbished device, unless you are lucky and they are out, and you get a new one.

M3ntal0

Well i can understand that, but now i have the problem and i won't get any help with it. They offered me to "repair" the SP2 for around 700€, i asked the man on the phone if this is a joke.

GoodBytes

Well i can understand that, but now i have the problem and i won't get any help with it. They offered me to "repair" the SP2 for around 700€, i asked the man on the phone if this is a joke.
The device is made of 3 components: motherboard which contains everything nicely soldered on, screen, wireless card (including bluetooth) and SSD. The rest, all on the motherboard, which you can call it systemboard. That is it is so expensive. The thinner the system, the more integrated everything is in 1 component.

How bad was the external condition, make this even a difference?
Is it a risk choose advanced exchange, because there were stories not get a refund?

darynthe

hey guys, my son broke this weekend my SP3 256. I asked for service but since I forgot to buy Microsoft complete the system said I had to pay 550 dollars to get it replaced. I did pay but then I just checked and they don't have inventory of this unit at the time being.

I just hope I won't get downsized to less gigas or something. I am pretty upset. I also wonder if I need to send the broken unit before I get my new one? I mean, it is still working if I disable touchscreen. So unlucky, my table is only 4 months old. :(

GoodBytes

Nha, they'll wait until a new batch of refurbished unit arrives, or give you a higher end model. And if they have nothing, you'll get a refurbished SP4. But you can be sure you'll get a SP3 of the same model