What's new

"Microsoft said to be planning next-gen Surface announcement for June"

Codevine

Microsoft said to be planning next-gen Surface announcement for June | The Verge

So, Surface Pro coming end of May in Europe (end of June in some other countries) and they might announce the next gen just a few days after. This makes me a bit nervous. Then again, they might as well announce it in June and then release it 5 years later in Europe. =/

Anways, don't forget:
"However, the news comes from the notoriously unreliable Digitimes, which frequently reports conflicting information - so be sure to take this with a pinch of salt, and then bury that pinch under a few extra shovels full of salt for good measure."

They could also just be announcing a 7inch Surface and further Surface Pro devices (or updates).

Last edited:

joga

I don't expect the announcement of a Surface Pro 2 yet, but for later this year.

If they would realy announce the successor of the Surface Pro in June, they would kill the demand for the current Surface Pro version. I mean, not even MS can't be that dumb...

I think they will announce a 7 or 8 inch Surface.

quadtronix

I don't expect the announcement of a Surface Pro 2 yet, but for later this year.

If they would realy announce the successor of the Surface Pro in June, they would kill the demand for the current Surface Pro version. I mean, not even MS can't be that dumb...

I think they will announce a 7 or 8 inch Surface.

Yesterday there was a new rumor about a 7.9" Surface with Samsung display... It may be $250 or $299. I would probably buy it. :)