What's new

Microsoft Silverlight - LOVEFilm Instant

badham21

is surface fully up to date with its silverlight software, because i'm sure it has it, being a microsoft product and all, but i went on lovefilm instant (the web site, app still needs to be released!) and it doesnt work as it says i dont have the latest version of silverlight (4.0 onwards)

Is this a similar thing to flash? Is there some sort of whitelist i can find?

Beatkat

This is just dumb...no Silverlight...no Java support, flaky flash support....why would they design the Rt this way when it's prime use is as a web device??? This I am upset about....

Huffalot

Microsoft is encouraging Silverlight developers to move to HTML5. If services like LOVEfilm and SkyGo can move from Silverlight to HTML5 then it would get around the platform app dependancy we see with these services. I would love to have SkyGo (in the UK) but it's also based on Silverlight on the desktop and their focus is biased to IOS for new development, even their Android development lags behind IOS badly. So a move to HTML5 could make things a lot better for streaming apps.

J515OP

Super Moderator
This is just dumb...no Silverlight...no Java support, flaky flash support....why would they design the Rt this way when it's prime use is as a web device??? This I am upset about....

You are completely missing the point and have a lack of understanding of tablets. There are currently no tablets that can do what you are asking for. As has been stated you are upset that the Surface RT, like other tablets, doesn't support dying standards like Flash and Silverlight. See this post for more which is a response to the same post you made in another thread http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...-amazon-prime-instant-videos-2.html#post12290.