What's new

Microsoft Store error 0x80248014

garyskyrme

Hi
I am unable to install any apps from the Windows Store. When I try, I get the error shown here: 0x80248014.
upload_2016-11-19_17-11-48.png

It happens whether I'm logged on as a local account or an AD account - both of which have full admin rights. The proxy server is set correctly and the error also happens on my home network which doesn't require the proxy. Programs downloaded directly from the web work perfectly, it's just the Store ones that don't.

I've Googled this error code and tried the solutions about resetting the Windows Store but nothing has worked. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I have had this problem for a long time now...I haven't ben able to download ANYTHING from the windows store...I guess that's ok...if I really need an APP ill just download it on AMI Duos which I use much more when as a tablet than any windows store app...Its strange too but the recent windows update wont take either, its failed 4 times already

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@garyskyrme

Take a look at your devices listed with your Microsoft.com account. Your device may be listed twice. Delete any duplicates, or delete and re-login with your device, which should add it again.

OP
G

garyskyrme

@garyskyrme

Take a look at your devices listed with your Microsoft.com account. Your device may be listed twice. Delete any duplicates, or delete and re-login with your device, which should add it again.
I did have devices listed more than once so deleted everything. Store didn't work.
Also deleted the Store in its entirety so it reinstalled from Windows Update. Still no joy.
Any other ideas? Could I have uninstalled something the store needs? Does that error code point to anything specific?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Try logging in to your Microsoft account with your browser on your Surface, not just the device login.

It may be necessary to do a reset, unless a Windows Update fixes your issue.