What's new

Microsoft Store staff have no clue...

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

The average tenure of a retail employee is about three months. It takes longer than that to train them. They are not just selling the SP3--they have laptops, phones, cases, charges, etc. The hours suck, the pay is low and you get insane people screaming at you all day long.

Never an excuse for sucking at your job.

Last edited:

EldoInTheWeeds

The point being MS or most other retailers cannot keep people long enough to train them 100% on the hundreds of products in the store. Making such a broad sweeping judgment about the people in the MS stores because they didn't know one small detail that was probably never given them in the first place is silly too.

Antitoon

The point being MS or most other retailers cannot keep people long enough to train them 100% on the hundreds of products in the store. Making such a broad sweeping judgment about the people in the MS stores because they didn't know one small detail that was probably never given them in the first place is silly too.
I think the problem here is not not knowing a detail, but claiming that they know and insisting even when asked if they were sure. It would have been OK if they had just said "Sorry, I don't know", but there is no justification for this.

BobG

Didn't read ever post... But I would make a nice wooden shim to have it sit at whatever angle I like. Paint it black and put a lip on the downhill end and you'll be good to go.