What's new

Microsoft Store staff have no clue...

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Thanks. Sadly 64 degrees is way too steep an angle for me. I'm tall and that would leave me looking down on the screen. Surprised MS matched the SP1 dock angle since no one liked that.

malberttoo

Thanks. Sadly 64 degrees is way too steep an angle for me. I'm tall and that would leave me looking down on the screen. Surprised MS matched the SP1 dock angle since no one liked that.

Hey Mitch, I found these sweet Surface Dock Angle Adjusters, they look like just the thing! :D

SurfaceDockAdjusters.png

Morgan

mitchvii, keep in mind that they are sales people. So long as they sell lots of products Microsoft doesn't care how they do it. That's how the Microsoft app stores got to be as bad as they did. I'm still waiting for the official Microsoft vanity mirror app. He he.

rubaxter

Doesn't sound like much has changed since I ordered my original RT.

They sent me 2 RTs even though I warned them their site probably hiccuped, and then sat through 3 people trying to return the one I didn't order.

I think they were distracted by the children chattering and racing around the kitchen table, with the TV in the background, distractions that was readily apparent for all 3 obviously home workers I tried to channel my issue through.

Nice people, but ineffectual...

Len J

I'd bet the cost of a fixed angle compared to a multi adjustable angle allowed them to sell at $200 & make money as opposed to not.

Len

iDatus

had a thought why its that angle and why its not multi, perhaps its a safety feature so the screen doesn't topple of onto its fact which is sure fire way of smashing the screen glass?
They do things for a reason usually.

ScottyS

Big point of clarification, if you call the Microsoft Store or Use the Online Microsoft Store, it is run by Digital River ( same company that handles Education Sales and Digital Downloads). They are not MS Employees. The Employees in the Brick and Mortar Stores are Microsoft Employees and Tech Support are as well...
Yes. I exchanged my SP3 and left a 128GB mSD card in it. I called (what I thought was) the store an hour before closing to make sure they kept the unit until I came back the next day to get it. The person at the "call center" put me on hold a few minutes while he called the store. He came back a few minutes later saying he "couldn't get anyone at the store". Now I know every employee (including the manager; the person with a key who opens and closes each day) has a cell phone in his pocket, and the store has a phone, but he "can't get anyone in the store" on a phone. Do you believe that? What kind of way is that to run a business?

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I don't know who the guy was that designed the docking station, but I think he also designed the SP1 kickstand and he is SHORT.

Sean

I had to sit there while a help desk employee tried desperately to fix a dead pixel with a quick color-changing gif. He loaded it from a USB calling it a "program." I told him it's just a gif and I had an app that accomplished the same thing already. He didn't listen thinking his "program" was superior.

Well it didn't work, much to his surprise, even when I told him those only help with stuck pixels and this one was clearly dead. His manager even had the balls to say the SP3's don't have dead pixels at all--like they're incapable. Boy did I prove him wrong.

Nice enough guys, but c'mon, this is basic nerd stuff right here.

EldoInTheWeeds

The average tenure of a retail employee is about three months. It takes longer than that to train them. They are not just selling the SP3--they have laptops, phones, cases, charges, etc. The hours suck, the pay is low and you get insane people screaming at you all day long.