What's new

Microsoft Support Comes Through!

OP
Telstar1948

Telstar1948

BTW, MS Support called today wanting to know if the new SP3 they sent me is working well. It is, and I told them so. Very impressed with not only their initial service but their followup service as well!

Johnny365

Is Microsoft support only available if you buy directly from them or is it for new purchases only regardless of store ?

OP
Telstar1948

Telstar1948

If it's a MS product they will have a MS warranty on it no matter if you buy it through them or someone else. If you buy a MS product through a retailer, the retailer may have a period of time where you can return it to them for a refund or exchange. Of course, the extended warranties go through whomever you purchased it from.

cemian

well after speaking with ms support they told me all of their replacement devices are refurbished but thoroughly checked by their quality team...i'm curious how many charge cycles the battery has on the unit you received?

OP
Telstar1948

Telstar1948

Cycle count is 4 - I believe the SP3 I was given is new. Everything on it and in it appears new. Even the exterior is absolutely blemish free - not a mar or scratch anywhere, and I've looked.

mtalinm

I'm also quite impressed with support. to date I have replaced
* Surface Pro 2 twice (under warranty)
* Surface Pro 3 twice (under warranty)
* original Type Cover (under warranty), got a Type Cover 2
* Power Cover (under warranty, this one just arrived today)
* Surface 2 twice (accidental damage)
Every single time they have been quick and courteous, whether in-store or via mail.

Of course one might question why so many items needed to get replaced, but that's a different story...

CrippsCorner

Wow that's not good! But like you say, kind of good in a way too lol...

What was the issue with your Type Cover out of interest?