What's new

Microsoft Surface Book - 1TB / Intel Core i7 - Just Hit Online Store

mva5580

Do I have the money? Yes. Am I throwing it in that direction? Not so much.

I initially said the highest I would go is the $2,100 model but taking a look again I wouldn't even do that; I thought the $2,100 version has 16gb/256 SSD.

So I guess I'll be getting the $1,900 version.

Last edited:
OP
Cimmerian

Cimmerian

If I didn't have over 500Gb's of audio plugin libraries I wouldn't even consider this model, but I do, sooooo yeah. I've tried putting the libraries on external hard drives but no matter how fast the drive my audio production program gets slower and slower and slower until it just crashes. Can't wait to have 1Tb of PCIe SSD at my disposal, not only is this storage insanely fast, for the first time in a long time I'll have more than 5Gb's of space after installing everything I need.

snowboarder

the mission of patience ;)
Not sure you're gonna get it in your hands before the end of the year my friend.
Well, I guess every model slipped to 7-8 weeks, so at this point it doesn't matter which one...

OP
Cimmerian

Cimmerian

the mission of patience ;)
Not sure you're gonna get it in your hands before the end of the year my friend.
Well, I guess every model slipped to 7-8 weeks, so at this point it doesn't matter which one...
As far as I know you aren't charged until the device ships so my wishful thinking is maybe my local Microsoft store will carry the 1Tb model in store and get it in before then, probably not, but who knows. Going to give them a call today to see if there is an update on the 1Tb model because up until now its been like "Yeah its a thing we just don't know anything about it."

OP
Cimmerian

Cimmerian

I've got one ordered, also. Having 1TB onboard completes the mission of replacing the desktop.
If they would have put thunderbolt on it then you could have got into eGPU's, until then I'm going to have to keep my desktop around to play more intensive games. The day I can plug my surface out to a 980ti is the day I no longer need my desktop. Maybe next year.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
IDK, thunderbolt doesn't seem to be gong anywhere. Any kind of eGPU would be better going direct thru the Surface Connect port. However, to date 3rd parties haven't been too keen on the Surface aftermarket.

OP
Cimmerian

Cimmerian

IDK, thunderbolt doesn't seem to be gong anywhere. Any kind of eGPU would be better going direct thru the Surface Connect port. However, to date 3rd parties haven't been too keen on the Surface aftermarket.
It would definitely be preferable for Microsoft to directly support an eGPU but that seems unlikely to me, but so did a GPU in a surface so who knows, anything could happen.

OP
Cimmerian

Cimmerian

Glad I got it when I did... It's changed from shipping in 6-8 weeks from when I ordered it to late January! Theoretically I should get mine before then end of the year. Like I said who knows maybe official Microsoft stores will get a couple in before they start shipping online.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-18-12-47-26.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-18-12-47-26.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 494