What's new

Microsoft Surface Developmet

Hi Guys,

I am a new developer, and i want to make a 3D,multi-touch support with particle effects and 3D model support(3Ds) windows application for standalone system, could i use Surface SDK for the same or else any third party tool is good for this.

please aware me about if their is any third party tool available.

Thanks in Advance.... any help will be appreciable.

Ignatiuz Developer

OP
A

[email protected]

Visual Studio 2012 and download the API reference.

does Microsoft surface development API supports 3D model (.3DS, .OBJ) loading and rendering + particle effects.
it would be great if you can answer my above query as our project is highly user interactive and of high quality 3D models and imagery.

Thank,

182RG

Appcelerator is planning RT support with their Titanium development platform sometime mid-2013.

ArnoldC

does Microsoft surface development API supports 3D model (.3DS, .OBJ) loading and rendering + particle effects.
it would be great if you can answer my above query as our project is highly user interactive and of high quality 3D models and imagery.

Thank,

I'm sorry but I haven't explored that area yet and my readings may be incomplete. I have a gut feel there's a way, think OpenGL, DirectX, but I don't know the answer.

stlbud

I'm sorry but I haven't explored that area yet and my readings may be incomplete. I have a gut feel there's a way, think OpenGL, DirectX, but I don't know the answer.

Does OpenGL work with Windows 8? RT? I seem to remember reading it was going to be deprecated but, hope the story was wrong.

ArnoldC

Does OpenGL work with Windows 8? RT? I seem to remember reading it was going to be deprecated but, hope the story was wrong.

Yes and No :D

OpenGL still works with Windows 8, but not on RT. So, the best bet for cross-platform would be Direct3D 11.x

While I prefer, emotionally, Maya over 3DS Max is another story :)