What's new

Microsoft Surface Price?

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still trying to catch up on all the Surface news today.. Did they announce what the retail price is going to be?

OP
dascrow

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah me either.. I think they need to price it around $400-$500 to be competitive with the higher end Android Tablets and Apple iPad.

Jeffrey

Rumor has it at $900. to $1100. Pricey... I read that MS will charge as much as $95. for each OEM license and will not compete in the lower end of the market. This can be a show stopper for MS.

batfish

Super Moderator
Rumor has it at $900. to $1100. Pricey... I read that MS will charge as much as $95. for each OEM license and will not compete in the lower end of the market. This can be a show stopper for MS.

Yikes, pricey indeed.. Is that on the RT version or Pro?

Ollie

This is not a bad thing. Even though Microsoft is a giant and could eat some costs by releasing lower end devices you can bet other vendors will be there to fill the gap.

bologdl

If Microsoft wants to play in the tablet market they have to hit the same price points as everyone else. Remember they are late to the game so being expensive would not be wise.