What's new

Microsoft Surface Pro Custom Boot Screen.

Jerry

Hello!

Here is the thing I want to do. I want to change the boot screen (where it writes "Surface" and where the loading circle is) of my tablet to a custom image. So far I havent found anything useful.
So far I tried:
- extract bootres.dll, but the BMP pictures that I extracted weren't correct. There were only 6 same, only diffrent sized pictures of pink, blue and yellow fish,
- Boot UI Tuner, without luck.

I was looking everywhere on the internet for any information, but without success.

Maybe you guys can help me?

Thank you for answer. :)

Igor

I think you're looking in the wrong place. That "Surface" logo is in the bios/firmware.

Omni

Not possible without serious work. I would forget it. Your more likely to break your Surface.

OP
J

Jerry

Thank you for your answers, but I still want to make this work, my boss wants that and I am ready to do serious work. Today I looked in the update of bios (Microsoft Download Center) and opened .rom file with MMtool (image below).

I managed to extract the OEM logo, but it wasn't the 'Surface' logo. It was ASUS logo, weird...

Am I looking now for solution in the right way? Which is the right module in the .rom file where I could find this image or caption of 'Surface'. Can you guys help me solve this problem?

Thank you very much in advance. :)

Last edited:

Igor

Thank you for your answers, but I still want to make this work, my boss wants that and I am ready to do serious work. Today I looked in the update of bios (Microsoft Download Center) and opened .rom file with MMtool (image below).

I managed to extract the OEM logo, but it wasn't the 'Surface' logo. It was ASUS logo, weird...

Am I looking now for solution in the right way? Which is the right module in the .rom file where I could find this image or caption of 'Surface'. Can you guys help me solve this problem?

Thank you very much in advance. :)

Wrong bios. That must be for the OLD Microsoft Surface, what is now known as the "PixelSense" I believe. If you look at the "Date Published" in your link it says "11/16/2009" which is obviously way too early for the Surface Pro.

Try this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=38826

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Igor

Are these drivers anything different from what I've already got from just running normal updates?

I don't think so.

They're just convenient/necessary for enterprise deployment.

You can also use them if you want to install a clean copy of Windows 8 on your SP, not using the recovery image.