What's new

Microsoft Surface Pro (Windows 8 pro) Version??????

Blackwater

Hi,

I got off the phone with microsoft earlier today and asked them if the pro version of the tablet will be released the same day as the RT version of the tablet, and they said yes that the pro version of the surface tablet will be released with the RT on Oct. 26. I just want to clarify with the surface team that this is accurate information since I heard different dates of when the tablet for windows 8 pro will be released. I really like the pro version and I want to get my hands on it as soon as possible.

Thanks

Chip

When I spoke with our Microsoft contact last Friday I was told late November before thePro would ship.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Yes the Pro isn't shipping until a couple of months after the RT. Either the customer service representative misspoke or what they said is accurate but you have to carefully parse it. They said Surface Pro will be released on Oct. 26, which is true but it will not be shipping until a couple of months after that. MS has already made this clear and unless they have suddenly changed their plans you can expect Surface Pro at the end/beginning of the year.

hytechlawyer

Yes the Pro isn't shipping until a couple of months after the RT. Either the customer service representative misspoke or what they said is accurate but you have to carefully parse it. They said Surface Pro will be released on Oct. 26, which is true but it will not be shipping until a couple of months after that. MS has already made this clear and unless they have suddenly changed their plans you can expect Surface Pro at the end/beginning of the year.

I have been told by a reliable MS source that the Surface Pro will be available for sale and shipped in this "shopping season"-- I am looking for confirmation. Anybody have any information that the MS Surface Pro will be available before Christmas 2012 (as opposed to sometime in 2013)? Also, any info when pricing will be released.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I don't have any information otherwise but it would be a great surprise if they pull it off! Of course there are other Windows 8 devices that are going to be available any day now but the Surface in particular has my interest. :D