What's new

Microsoft Surface RT 1 and Miracast

SROSeaner

Hi,

I just bought a Microsoft Surface RT (Not Surface 2). After searching forums and bing, I can't seem to get a definite answer. I have updated my Surface to Windows 8.1 RT. Am interesting in the 8.1 miracast capabilities and am wondering if anybody knows for certain if Windows 8.1 RT on the original Surface RT does work with the NETGEAR Push2TV PTV3000 device?

Thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Miracast wasn't enabled on the Surface RT, it is available on both Pro Models and the Surface 2. I think the barrier was creating a WDDM 1.3 Video Driver for the Tegra3 SoC on the RT.

Last edited:
OP
S

SROSeaner

Miracast was enabled on the Surface RT, it is available on both Pro Models and the Surface 2. I think the barrier was creating a WDDM 1.3 Video Driver for the Tegra3 SoC on the RT.

OK.... SO, just to be 100% clear..... Surface RT (First version, not Surface 2) can use miracast as long as Windows 8.1 update is applied to the tablet?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, the auto fill changed my "wasn't" to "was"....no the RT does not support Miracast. I'll edit my response to correct the typo.