What's new

Microsoft Surface RT Release in Europe?

Willjax

Does anyone have a clue when the surface (RT-version) will be released in Europe? Its a shame if the sales are limited to US/China/Australia as the rumours dictate at the moment....

kricke

Hi Willjax,

I pre-ordered yesterday and I received the information that the device will arrive here in Berlin, Germany, Europe, on time; that is on October, 26.

Where do you live?

Knut

kricke

Ill be missing my Æ, Ø and Å if I get a German version.

Martin

Martin,

hm, I don't know but maybe you can simply change the keyboard layout with just one touch as I can do it on an iPad? As I read and write in English and German and from time to time in French fora - forums - I installed all three languages on my iPad. I hope that this will be possible with the surface as well.
I have just checked, on the iPad, Svenska or Dansk is possible.

Please send a reminder on 10-26 and I will check it for you. If it turns out positive you can order a GERMAN surface to my address and I will send it north.

Knut

kricke

Why do all those spammers use fora? (See post above this one from PMGrersemelmMat.)
For me it is clear that I will never ever buy those products!!!
Or am I the only one who sees this post?

Knut

cali

Why do all those spammers use fora? (See post above this one from PMGrersemelmMat.)
For me it is clear that I will never ever buy those products!!!
Or am I the only one who sees this post?

Knut

Do not know why spammers have targeted this relatively new site. It is a constant battle, from minute to minute to ban them. Getting the site free from this trash is made difficult by the apparent inability of the site spam detection to prevent these nuisances. Thank you for noting this problem. We will continue to do our best to return the site to an enjoyable and useful experience for the legitimate members. Please bear with us in the meantime.

kricke

Hi Knut.
Thanks, but no thanks :) Ill be missing my Æ, Ø and Å if I get a German version.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I got my surface.
If you give me your language I will set it to it and test your lovely letters and post a screenshot here.

Knut