What's new

Microsoft Surface Shipping - United Kingdom/Germany/France

OP
LA33R

LA33R

2nd of November here as well, thing is it's still saying that it is processing, its now 3:44 on the 26th and it's still not shipped. I have little doubts about getting it tomorrow, or even Monday at this rate... And I've been charged! That's what I cannot get over! They said "You will not be charged until the order has been dispatched". I was charged a while back now, still no dispatch.

macintosh

2nd of November here as well, thing is it's still saying that it is processing, its now 3:44 on the 26th and it's still not shipped. I have little doubts about getting it tomorrow, or even Monday at this rate... And I've been charged! That's what I cannot get over! They said "You will not be charged until the order has been dispatched". I was charged a while back now, still no dispatch.

I've no idea if I have been charged or not as its on my CC and I've never been able to get into the barclaycard site when it switched over from egg!!

J515OP

Super Moderator
I wonder if they sold more in the U.S. than they anticipated and reallocated some of the European shipment to here? It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility though it would obviously suck to be bumped back in delivery time due to this it might make sense for MS as a business decision. :sorry:

macintosh

I'm escalating my customer service call, on hold for a supervisor,
i want to know WHY they haven't shipped
and what they are doing about it.

eitehr way its will be 2 weeks now before i get mine as i'll be out of the country from monday am

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
My creditcard was not charged, and if the cc-company preserved from a fradulent use, i'd have to reorder - with 3 weeks delay. (I did this following the last call, just to be safe, it'll be delivered someday.)

So if you can't check your cc-status, go to your live-account, where you're find your paying options and transactions.

In my research on several chanels, most canceling-problems seems to be based on banking/cc-companies blocking ms-store as a fradulent service, but just a few got information about this.

OP
LA33R

LA33R

If it's not posted by tomorrow mid-day, ill call again and ask for a supervisor like you're doing. Ill ask why I was charged when the surface has not been shipped, and also ask for an ETA on my delivery.

Although I don't really like Apple products, their customer service and pre-orders at least... work.

J515OP

Super Moderator
My creditcard was not charged, and if the cc-company preserved from a fradulent use, i'd have to reorder - with 3 weeks delay. (I did this following the last call, just to be safe, it'll be delivered someday.)

So if you can't check your cc-status, go to your live-account, where you're find your paying options and transactions.

In my research on several chanels, most canceling-problems seems to be based on banking/cc-companies blocking ms-store as a fradulent service, but just a few got information about this.

Now that is a real bummer. Maybe Apple paid off the cc/banks to cancel the orders ;)

macintosh

well they were very apologetic, but agreed they couldn't tell me a) when it will ship b) where it will ship from c) how long from shipping to arrival
they have escalated my order - but that really won't help any.

They said they had too many per-orders, i mentioned that they knew this, as the orders were 2 weeks old, its not like we all ordered yesterday.

I was then told they don't know why they aren't shipping, and that everything seemed ok up until this morning. then it all went SNAFU.

OP
LA33R

LA33R

At least they are still taking phone queries, and attempting to do something. Looks like the Microsoft warehouse staff will be getting a little overtime! Hopefully tonight I'll receive that e-mail giving me a lovely tracking number.

EDIT BELOW THIS POINT

I thought I would leave an update since this just happened.
I've just received an e-mail, not about the surface being shipping, but instead giving me £50 to spend on the Microsoft Store UK. I guess it's something! Hope you all get one as well.

Last edited:

macintosh

yep I just got that too, which is at least an apology with meaning.

i did feel for the supervision and we had a bit of a laugh on the phone.