What's new

Microsoft Surface Shipping - United Kingdom/Germany/France

Any UK Surface buyers, actually received it yet?

I pre-ordered my Surface from the MS site, the day they became available. (16 Oct)

Today is supposed to be the big day. The Surface has been available since midnight.

But on looking at my order. it still hasn't been dispatched. Checked my credit card as well and the transaction has not been put through either.

C'mon MS. what's the friggin delay.

Some US customers had their's delivered before today. :mad:

SORRY FOR DUPLICATING THREAD: MOD'S PLEASE DELETE. :eek:

Last edited:

batchman77

My Surface Story So Far

For a long time I have been looking forward to the release of Surface, as soon as I heard I was able to order in the UK I rushed clutching my card to the computer. Great news, I could order now for delivery by the 26th Oct....Launch Day.

Then came the news that orders had been delayed, could I wait another week for the surface. Didn't really have a choice. Then came the all clear, we were still going to receive our toys on the original date. Great I thought, but why does it still state 2nd Nov on the site, so I gave MS a call. I was told I would get the device as originally stated however they were reluctant to actually say 26th Oct.

This was confirmed by an email stating I would receive on the date stated on my order, yet again no confirmation that meant 26th Oct. Along comes the 26th Oct and no surface, the staff at MS customer services still reluctant to give any firm answers. Asked for an email address to write to and apparently there is nobody at MS I can email.

I have received the £50 voucher that does help with the issue but I would much prefer to be unboxing my MS Surface. Have just checked my CC and the money has now been taken after being returned 2 days ago so it should be shipped today.

MS should have ensured they got this pre-order system right. We have spent a large sum of money on something that we have not had a chance to use and at time of order no independent reviews either. That is a lot of blind faith on our part and we should be rewarded for our support.

Just received an email from MS stating that my Surface will be delivered between 26 and 30 Oct and not as previously stated in earlier emails.

However to make up for the inconvenience, they have sent me the £50 voucher. :)

And all without making a phone call.

recon0828

I'm from Canada and we have the same problem. Supposed to get the voucher and still haven't got that. This is frustrating.

OP
LA33R

LA33R

Still awaiting shipping information via E-mail.

Also, what are you lot going to spend the £50. There is nothing on the Microsoft store that interests me.

..........Also, what are you lot going to spend the £50. There is nothing on the Microsoft store that interests me.

I didn't order a Touch/Type cover. Wasn't sure which one to choose, so thought I would wait for some reviews. Looks like which ever one I decide on will be a little bit cheaper. :)

recon0828

You can probably use the coupon in the App Store once you get your surface. That's what I plan on doing if I ever get my coupon and surface.

scasn4

i just brought windows 8 pro with my voucher but as i brought a pc after june i get the update for £14.99 so im just going to head over to ebay and flog windows 8 that i got with the voucher. the microsoft store sucks. i would have brought a xbox game but they have about 5 games in the store lol. dont need a touch pad as surface is comming with it. dont need any word, excel....etc as its comming with surface. to be honest id rather not had the £50 and them actually deliver when they said they would.

scasn4

also a quick stupid question not related sorry..... How do you like this thread? saw it at the top right of the thread

J515OP

Super Moderator
also a quick stupid question not related sorry..... How do you like this thread? saw it at the top right of the thread

Click "Rate This Thread" in the blue bar at the top of the page of the thread you are reading.

Br1an_g

Still awaiting shipping information via E-mail.

Also, what are you lot going to spend the £50. There is nothing on the Microsoft store that interests me.

I am probably going with ms points for Xbox then use it for game add ons or.movies.