What's new

Microsoft update

HELP! Ok, I live in a fairly rural area with crappy and very slow internet at home (no cable options) ...for more than a week, every time I log onto the internet from my SP3 it tries to download the newest update but the download seems to work (slows up everything else I am trying to do), goes through a restart and fails every time...im going for 10 failed updates. How do I either make this update or delete this from clogging up my internet?

The update is Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3200970)...anyone else having this problem?

Thank you and Happy Thanklsgiving to all!
Steve

dillonsharer

Take it to the Microsoft store, they will updated it for you....Have you tried going to like Starbucks or somewhere they have good wifi?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
A quick google search suggests that this is a well known issue with this update. However the pages I have briefly looked at contain multiple suggested fixes based on the type of error you're witnessing (e.g based on a specific error code or bluescreen etc).

It might be easier to diagnose if we know in what specific manner windows is telling you the update failed.

OP
Steven Du Bois
A quick google search suggests that this is a well known issue with this update. However the pages I have briefly looked at contain multiple suggested fixes based on the type of error you're witnessing (e.g based on a specific error code or bluescreen etc).

It might be easier to diagnose if we know in what specific manner windows is telling you the update failed.
It goes through all the motions of the download install then restart...at the end of the restart it says unable to install and then completes restart...taskbar then tells you update failed.

OP
Steven Du Bois
Take it to the Microsoft store, they will updated it for you....Have you tried going to like Starbucks or somewhere they have good wifi?

there is a store but its pretty far away...the problem is not my internet, its just that the internet does not have the speed to do two things at once lol. I brought it to work to do the same thing and had the same problem. Internet is very fast there

OP
Steven Du Bois
ok y'all in case anyone wants to know there is a fix for this well documented issue. According to the Microsoft site and what was marked as a solution it is to work to download windows 10 like it is being updated again..this option takes a lot less time than actually installing it all fresh but it does end up installing all of the updates and it doesn't touch your files, leaving everything right where you've had it...I took this route and it worked for me.