What's new

Microsoft will NOT be offering trade-up value for existng type/touch keyboards :-(

scadarick

hey guys, just wait till next year when Intel releases a new chip that improves battery life by 70%, its going in the tablet. I am big time techie and always go for the gold.

fonzman78

I was told weeks ago this idea of offering early adopters of the Surface trade-up value for their type/touch covers when buying the new version was being seriously discussed at Microsoft.

Word from my local store is no go, there will NOT be a trade-up program. Now if you have an Apple product, sure you can trade up with that but if you were one of Microsoft's brave early adopters you can basically go f*** yourself.

Nice Microsoft.

I was able to trade in my old Touch keyboard for the new Touch 2 keyboard. I went to my MS store to pick up my SPro2. I had my old Touch keyboard with me. I asked them if I could trade it in for the new one. They weren't sure at first but the Store Manager came over and said sure. They gave me $94 towards the new one for $129.

But then, I also bought the dock, the new wireless keyboard adapter, the new arc mouse and a Type 2 keyboard. I suspect that might be a reason for them to allow the trade in. Still, never give up. All my experiences with the MS store have been positive. I had bought the silver Wedge mouse on Amazon a few weeks after getting my SPro. A couple months later, my local MS store opened in SLC. I went in and they had the all black Wedge mouse. I told them I liked it better than the silver and they offered to trade it for free.

If you kill them with kindness, you can get your way usually. In my experiences, MS has been more than willing to make me a happy customer.

oion

I was able to trade in my old Touch keyboard for the new Touch 2 keyboard. I went to my MS store to pick up my SPro2. I had my old Touch keyboard with me. I asked them if I could trade it in for the new one. They weren't sure at first but the Store Manager came over and said sure. They gave me $94 towards the new one for $129.

But then, I also bought the dock, the new wireless keyboard adapter, the new arc mouse and a Type 2 keyboard. I suspect that might be a reason for them to allow the trade in. Still, never give up. All my experiences with the MS store have been positive. I had bought the silver Wedge mouse on Amazon a few weeks after getting my SPro. A couple months later, my local MS store opened in SLC. I went in and they had the all black Wedge mouse. I told them I liked it better than the silver and they offered to trade it for free.

If you kill them with kindness, you can get your way usually. In my experiences, MS has been more than willing to make me a happy customer.

This must vary from store to store, but your multiple purchases I'm sure helped. Basically there's no corporate-level program for peripheral/accessory trade-up, as expected since no other company does that.

fonzman78

Come on now..lol Surface tablets feel solid and made from premium components. they look the exact opposite of cheap. THey stand out. regardless of whether the people thought it cost too much or not, it still caught their attention didn't it? QUOTE]

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Surface Pro 1/2 is the sexiest tablet in the market. I walk into any business/sales meeting with the Pro and immediately spend the next 15 minutes fielding questions about it. Everyone is impressed with the quality. The iPad folks look on with shame as they see me do a real whiteboard on their screen. Then lust as they see how much more I can do with it vs their 'toy'. You are right. The Pro isn't for everyone but for those who can afford it, it is an awesome computer in tablet form factor.

JohnF

I'm happy with my type cover so I have no expectation that I should get something for free. If they were to give me a fare price I might consider it but I would have been very surprised if they had done. If there had ben some sort of design flaw or was unusable I could see maybe, but it works very well so I feel I got what I paid for. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

scadarick

I'm happy with my type cover so I have no expectation that I should get something for free. If they were to give me a fare price I might consider it but I would have been very surprised if they had done. If there had ben some sort of design flaw or was unusable I could see maybe, but it works very well so I feel I got what I paid for. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

I have to agree. I got the 256 gigs this time. The 1700 bucks for 512, just could not see paying that much. I will say I am very please with sp2. Type cove and all. It really helps me out personally , stay in home office all day sometimes.now do it in bed, now to wait for the 6 inch Nokia 15-something, windows, might work well with my tablet, this is my 4th tablet anyway. Got an ipad, but use it for entertainment sp 2 for easy work, just love it.