What's new

Microsoft Wireless Diplay

yonghong

After some additional trial-and-error this morning, I finally got it to work! :D

It was working fine on my SP1 and I started to do a system comparison of running processes, services, etc., but nothing out of the ordinary stood out. However, I recall reading a post somewhere and it stated that an MS WiFi Adapter driver had to be running and that's when I noticed I had all sorts of "duplicate" entries (all due to a particular software I had installed) on my SP2.

So that led me to think that maybe there are other lesser-known apps that could also be the culprit. I decided to delete (uninstall) all those adapters, rebooted, checked for Windows Updates one last time, then I tried Charms Menu > Devices > Project and there was a link at the bottom to "Connect to a different display" and that's when it presented me with the option to add a Wireless Display. The "Connect" link never appeared before.

Now everything is working and I must say that, so far, the device is working great!

Does it get very hot?

lonaysta

Mines gets very hot...And only works stable when:
No Bluetooth device working the same time;
And, Distance quite close;
And, Plugged to AC power.

Any of these voided will cause instability and disconnection....OMG!

camis1

Purchased at Best Buy. Tested on three different Flat Screens using SP3. Plug and play......No issues.

yonghong

I got this from bestbuy canada last night for $39.99+ tax, it was price error in store ,scan at regular price $59.99, but on the shelf it list $39.99, according to the SCOP policy (Scanning Code Of Practice.
If an item is mispriced higher than shelf ticket you can get it for shelf price -$10 or free if under $10).I could get it $10 less ,but I think $39.99 is ok for me ,I didn't do that.

r0b123

So I bought this after seeing a demo in the MS stores and need this for my SP3! Anyone have issue with W10 Build 9860? I see someone else reported this issue with SP2, so I added my feedback on SP3. I know my the display adapter works since I can get it working with my Android phone which is very awesome.

Screenshots of what I see under device manager and PC and devices windows...
PC and devices MS WDA driver error.PNG Device manager MS WDA error.PNG

On my Android phone (HTC One, M7), the lag is slightly unnoticeable, but being able to display and present my phone screen will come in handy soon. Just hoping someone can help on a SP3...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So I bought this after seeing a demo in the MS stores and need this for my SP3! Anyone have issue with W10 Build 9860? I see someone else reported this issue with SP2, so I added my feedback on SP3. I know my the display adapter works since I can get it working with my Android phone which is very awesome.

Screenshots of what I see under device manager and PC and devices windows...
View attachment 4394 View attachment 4395

On my Android phone (HTC One, M7), the lag is slightly unnoticeable, but being able to display and present my phone screen will come in handy soon. Just hoping someone can help on a SP3...
Wireless Display is broken on this build....

r0b123

Thanks, I came across the thread on Microsoft's forums about it being broken. :(

Guess we'll have to wait till the next build...

yonghong

I got 4 of these adaptor, sale it for $50 each, to my surprise, nobody is interested.LOL. Maybe I keep 4 for myself, when I got 3 more TV.