What's new

Microsoft's First Nokia Ad Looks Promising

MarkDau

There wasn't an app market at the time -- Apple created it and then it became populated. I think your confusion lies in the definition of innovation -- thanks though for stopping by, everyone's >opinion< is important ;-)

No. :p

I never said anything about an app "market." Regardless, there has always been an app "market" -- and at one point, PCs had an unmistakably larger ecosystem as far as software applications go. You don't have to take my word for it though, look it up. :)

The core of what I am saying, and have already said, is at that time when Macs had less compatible software than PCs, their most iconic ads asked people to choose Mac and "Think Different." I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, just adding to the conversation you started.

Also, whether or not you will acknowledge that, it is not really the point. You are definitely projecting your own ideas on this ad about what being different from everyone else means, which is what I meant when I said "I think your confusion lies your assumption that they are promoting "being different" through "having less apps." It wasn't meant to be personal, just an observation.

MarkDau

Whatever... it's really not a debate, just some facts. Again, thanks for stopping by -->>opinions<<-- are always welcome.

Right. And the fact is at one point Macs had less software applications compared to Windows, during their "Think Different" campaign.

benjitek

[BLAH BLAH BLAH]...Macs had less software applications compared to Windows, during their "Think Different" campaign...[BLAH BLAH BLAH]
Ooops -- I see your confusion now, this topic is about Nokia, Windows Phone -- the mobility market. Not Macs vs. PC's -- though I'm sure there are plenty of topics of that nature elsewhere, the forums have an excellent search feature...

MarkDau

Ooops -- I see your confusion now, this topic is about Nokia, Windows Phone -- the mobility market. Not Macs vs. PC's -- though I'm sure there are plenty of topics of that nature elsewhere, the forums have an excellent search feature...

Forums are neat, people can see the entire conversation between us and see how you are taking things out of context

Sorry you can't keep up. Maybe re-read some parts?

benjitek

Forums are neat, people can see the entire conversation
They can also read titles to see what a topic is about, in this case "Microsoft's First Nokia Ad Looks Promising" -- the ad is about phones. Not sure why you're so negative and argumentative when others don't agree with your -->>opinions<<--

Regardless, you'll be left spinning your wheels against yourself now.

MarkDau

They can also read titles to see what a topic is about, in this case "Microsoft's First Nokia Ad Looks Promising" -- the ad is about phones. Not sure why you're so negative and argumentative when others don't agree with your -->>opinions<<--

Regardless, you'll be left spinning your wheels against yourself now.

Again, people can read my previous posts and see that is not the case.

As for the thread title, if you can't make the logical connection between the subject matter and what I said, I can't help you. But thanks for your -->> opinion <<--.

Also you may have forgotten that you mentioned iOS. Luckily I am competent enough to understand that although this is about Nokia/WP, there is still a connection. Its a shame you can't do the same! :(

Last edited: