What's new

Microsoft's Surface Pro tablet is a pricey disappointment

J515OP

Super Moderator
I saw another poor review on CNET last night. It is talking about the 5 things Surface Pro 2 already needs because the Surface Pro isn't successful and saying ridiculous things like:

Early adopters are already complaining that the hefty Windows 8 OS leaves little room for files on the 64GB version.

Oh really? Last time I checked the Surface Pro isn't even for sale yet, so pretty hard for the early adopters to say that. More like you are simply repeating other negative reviews to get clicks since the space issue has been debunked as being targeted criticism rather than fairly applied to all devices which suffer the same misleading usable storage issues.

leeshor

Maybe knowing what you know you won't take some of these reviewers very seriously in the future. I rarely do.

flight

I really don't understand this recent obsession by reviewers about putting notebooks on their laps to do work. I know these mobile computers are called "laptops," but I very rarely see anyone using it on their laps. It hurts your neck, promotes bad posture, and burns your legs and genitals.

I've used notebook computers since college. During the times I'm forced to use it on my lap, I often wish I could just rip the keyboard off and use it as a tablet with my body in a more comfortable position. Now I can.

Russ

I really don't understand this recent obsession by reviewers about putting notebooks on their laps to do work.

Flight --

They're just looking for something, anything, to whine about because it doesn't sport an Apple logo. Bashing Microsoft is a cottage industry for them.

As I recently commented to Arnold (I think), my first travel "computer" was a Tandy TRS-80, model 100, and I have gone through all the steps since then. I cannot remember ever actually using any of them on my lap.

It's silly.

Take care,
Russ