What's new

Mind Mapping App

CaptainTime

Anyone using a Mind Mapping App they like on the Surface Pro?

On my desktop, I use 2 - Xmind for my own brainstorming and Wisemapping for ones I need to share with clients (web-based).

I want one for my Surface Pro 3 that I can use when facilitating brainstorming sessions with groups. I dislike relying on web-based tools when doing these sessions as the wireless connections can be spotty in some facilities.

Xmind is awesome but slow to load and I am worried it would be too resource intense for the Surface Pro 3. So I thought an app might work better. Any ideas?

dan_fein

I use Mind Manager, and it works great, especially the pen interface. I have used Mind Manager for so long that I don't know if there is anything better, and I'm reluctant to change, because it really works for me.

OP
CaptainTime

CaptainTime

Thanks for the suggestion of Mind8. I had avoided it because the ratings weren't that great on it.

I did install Xmind and it actually seems to work quite well so perhaps I will stick with it for a while.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone using a Mind Mapping App they like on the Surface Pro?

On my desktop, I use 2 - Xmind for my own brainstorming and Wisemapping for ones I need to share with clients (web-based).

I want one for my Surface Pro 3 that I can use when facilitating brainstorming sessions with groups. I dislike relying on web-based tools when doing these sessions as the wireless connections can be spotty in some facilities.

Xmind is awesome but slow to load and I am worried it would be too resource intense for the Surface Pro 3. So I thought an app might work better. Any ideas?
When you say slow to load... what kind of system are you running it on? Spill the details on CPU, Memory, Disk HDD/SSD.

OP
CaptainTime

CaptainTime

When you say slow to load... what kind of system are you running it on? Spill the details on CPU, Memory, Disk HDD/SSD.

I7, 12GB Ram, hard drive.

Just upgraded to latest version so it seems to upload quicker now. And did upload well on the Surface Pro 3 as well.