What's new

Mindmanager on SP3

dan_fein

I've worked with tablet PC's for over 10 years, starting with a Toshiba M200 XP machine that spun and folded back. The primary driver for me is the Mindjet Mindmanager handwriting interface, which let's me handwrite notes directly into a mind map. I use this program every day.
Does anyone else here use MM on an SP3?

ctitanic

I don't know if here we have that old users. :p

I remember this program but unfortunately I never used.:oops:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mind maps are looking to be a very useful tool for learning for me at present, however while not as neat, I fully intend to use one note for it. Although if for presentations or group work etc, i'd be tempted to try that software out. My only immediate thought is that it is so neat and organised, that it probably requires a fair bit of user input, in which case at the end of the day, one note could do exactly the same thing.

OP
D

dan_fein

There is a 30 day free trial. If you're familiar with the mind mapping concept it's pretty intuitive . If not there will be a learning curve. Onenote is handy, especially with instant on, I might use it more, but doesn't come close to the ability to organize notes, project pans, brainstorming sessions and more in one file.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If it runs on Windows 7 or later it should run fine on the Surface Pro 3 the only issue you'll run into is the High DPI Scaling Issue, you'll need to make the choice between fuzz vs. small for the menus but Ink will be fine...

Frank Filippis

I've been using Mind Manager on tablets since the Motion Computing LE1700. Using V15 on the Surface works great and handwriting works as expected. It will be the experience you are expecting.

I do wish that MindJet would upgrade their handing writing as I always find myself running out of space on the 1 line they provide.

OP
D

dan_fein

There's a setting to adjust the height of the ink box. It's in File>Options>Tablet PC. I have mine set to 120px, which is usually enough