What's new

Mine arrived today

firstgear

my loaded up Studio arrived today via Best Buy. Currently I am loading Creative Cloud on it to see how it goes. Initial reaction.....wow, big screen followed by wow, is that a beautiful screen.

Give me some time to use it and I can provide some feedback......I also need to move my Surface Pro 4 and the display I was using off the desk....as this new unit is going there. I place it on my roll desk and if I can't close the top with this in the retracted position, then I will bite the bullet and get the Amish to make me a new desk to my design.

I had to get a new armoire built by the Amish to house my camera gear. I thought they did a great job and at a pretty reasonable price......stay tuned

Attachments

• IMG_4618.JPG
    IMG_4618.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 658
  • IMG_4622.JPG
    IMG_4622.JPG
    352.5 KB · Views: 699

kiomon

Congrats! I am excited to hear what you think. I am most interested in it for video editing. Do you do any editing? Can you see how it handles 4k video in Premiere or in Davinci Resolve?

convergent

I've been drooling about the Surface Studio since the wonka vision video... would love to hear how its going. I would use it for Lightroom.

OP
F

firstgear

I am not a big Lightroom user, but use Photoshop. I have CC version with the monthly charge.

I haven't used the pen or the dial as I am waiting until the software really catches up to the capabilities of the Studio.

So don't have huge expectations in this regard just yet. The display is second to none. I tell my wife it is my extra large iPad. It is spectacular.

The unit starts up fairly fast. There are no complaints in this regard.

If you can afford it (not cheap) get one......this is every bit better than an Apple product.