What's new

mirror image incompatibility re BIOS

mikecox

I've been experiencing weird problems with my Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and Premiere Elements programs as well as my explorer2 program, which crashes all too frequently.

I've posted some of these issues here and on other user forums and none of the issues I'm having have been experienced, or been reproducible, by other users.

At this point, because of the plethora of issues that other users are not having and cannot explain I am thinking it's time to re-install windows.

But, to start, I need a Mirror Image of my system. The problem is that SB uses secure UEFI, not a BIOS, so my Carbonite's Mirror backup is incompatible because it needs to access a BIOS.

I want to use the free Windows 7 Backup and Restore tool, that was recommended in a current article I have on how to re-install the Windows OS. Apparently, that is the utility the is still being used in Win10. But I don't know if it is as compatible with UEFI.

How do I determine which Mirror Image backup utilities are compatible with UEFI?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know Macrium Reflect free will work and it also supports bitlocker just check the box for it when making a Macrium recovery USB.

OP
mikecox

mikecox

I know Macrium Reflect free will work and it also supports bitlocker just check the box for it when making a Macrium recovery USB.
Thanks, I'll check it out, but I just read a review which read, in part: "Despite being one of the pricier options, Macrium Reflect Home is powerful, thorough and offers a tailored, efficient experience."