What's new

Mirror image

mikecox

I subscribe to Carbonite. Their Tech support department told me their Mirror image backup was incompatible with SB because it did not allow their Mirror Image to access the SB Bios.

This was rather alarming because I've been using their Mirror Image backup for several years, which I subscribed to before I purchased my SB, so thought I was covered.

I want to re-install Win10 but, apparently, I can't rely on the Carbonite Mirror image backup if that process goes south.

Is my SB going to block Bios access for other mirror procedures?

Is there a way to force the SB to allow the Carbonite Mirror backup to do what it is intended to do?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I subscribe to Carbonite. Their Tech support department told me their Mirror image backup was incompatible with SB because it did not allow their Mirror Image to access the SB Bios.

This was rather alarming because I've been using their Mirror Image backup for several years, which I subscribed to before I purchased my SB, so thought I was covered.

I want to re-install Win10 but, apparently, I can't rely on the Carbonite Mirror image backup if that process goes south.

Is my SB going to block Bios access for other mirror procedures?

Is there a way to force the SB to allow the Carbonite Mirror backup to do what it is intended to do?
All Surface devices use secure UEFI and not a BIOS...that is the most likely reason.

OP
mikecox

mikecox

All Surface devices use secure UEFI and not a BIOS...that is the most likely reason.
Interesting, I had no idea. I will ask them if they have considered this issue in the Mirror backup.

In the meantime, am I going to run into similar problems with other Mirroring backup systems?

Thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting, I had no idea. I will ask them if they have considered this issue in the Mirror backup.

In the meantime, am I going to run into similar problems with other Mirroring backup systems?

Thanks
I believe Acronis True Backup works...