What's new

Mirror Screen to Amazon FireTV

Matt Miller

Most Miracast Devices use some form of Whitelisting, it can be very specific or OS versions or even Platforms...

then it's amazoncast, not miracast certified, the miracast specification specifically states that in order to conform, a device must be compatible with ALL other miracast devices

This is deceitful anti-competitive bait-and-switch tactics. I can't &^#&* believe they would do this $H17 to us. They are taking advantage of the miracast trademark and lying to our faces.

That's what I would say if they weren't simply inept

or why_not_both.gif

"Miracast™ Certified (Windows 8.1 coming soon)" how the eff can it be certified if it's not compatible with windows, it's like saying "Has feature X but not feature X"

I'm starting to think the trademark certification is just given away to any tom dick or harry asking for it without actually verifying it first

anyway, it's highly deceptive and misleading in order to sell more units, and they duped A LOT of people. i hope roku and apple kick their ass

I registered just to say this :), nice site!

MikeB

Hey, now it works!

Looks like the latest software update from Amazon fixed the Miracast compatability issue on my FireTV Box, and now it's working as a wireless monitor. I'll have to check my FireTV stick tomorrow, see if it's gotten the latest software update yet.

dazehead

Working on my Fire TV stick, mirroring my Surface Pro 3! My TV stick software version is 54.1.10_user_110035420.

Need to play around with the resolution later, as it didn't seem optimal.

Was smooth. Played some photo slideshow, then played Youtube videos.

After about 5 minutes, the video stopped casting but the audio continued.

After disconnecting, it failed when I tried connecting again. "Couldn't connect" says my Surface Pro 3. Will monitor the stability. One reason may be wifi, cos my SP3 was a bit slow connecting to pages after that.

I realize, the casting to the Fire TV Stick is via an existing Wifi rather than direct connection like the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter? Anyone can confirm this?

rquellet

I realize, the casting to the Fire TV Stick is via an existing Wifi rather than direct connection like the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter? Anyone can confirm this?

The Miracast spec requires a WiFi direct connection between source (SP3) and sink (FireTV). In other words, it isn't using an existing WiFi connection, it is required by the spec to make a new peer-to-peer WiFi direct connection between the two devices.

One thing that could cause interference is if the WiFi direct connection uses the same WiFi band as your normal WiFi connection (both connections are active with Miracast, enabling the source (SP3) to stay connected to the internet). What might help is switching between a 2.4Ghz connection and a 5Ghz connection on your Surface.

Matt Miller

CONFIRMED

SP3 + FTV is working!

I guess all that angry bickering about class-action lawsuits got to them!!! good job all!!!