What's new

Mirror Screen to Amazon FireTV

Jake52

I just got my Fire TV Stick in the mail today and Miracast is not working with my Surface Pro 2. It recognized the Fire TV Stick but when trying to pair it just fails and says something about the driver. Has anyone gotten this to work?

MikeB

I've got a Fire TV stick on order, but picked up a full sized Fire TV box in the mean time. My SP3 recognizes that there's a Fire TV to connect to, and installs the driver, but won't complete the connection. I get essentially the same result trying to connect a Nexus 7 tablet to the Fire TV, so I think the bug is on the Fire TV side. I sent Amazon an email for tech support, but the reply wasn't very useful. At some point, I'll get Amazon support on the phone and try a few more things, but haven't had the time yet.

Jake52

I have an LG G3 Android phone for work and Miracast works great with the Fire TV Stick. So I don't think all the problems are on Amazon's end since mirroring works with an Android device. Hopefully there'll be a fix soon so we can get the Surface Pro to work.

Snickers

I know this is slightly off topic, but after the very latest firmware for the SP3 I was able to connect to my Sony TV via miracast for the first time ever. Prior to this it either asked for a PIN that I didn't have or just didn't complete the connection, just like you were saying with the FireTV.

Might be an SP3 firmware issue. Having said that my Sony TV did an update about a week or so too..

GTiceman

BestBuy has the Fire TV Stick for $24.99 and caqn be picked up locally. I might go pick one up but I did see people having issues with the Stick and the SP3 Miracast as I would rather have this one than the MS one I think.

FlySwatter

BestBuy has the Fire TV Stick for $24.99 and caqn be picked up locally. I might go pick one up but I did see people having issues with the Stick and the SP3 Miracast as I would rather have this one than the MS one I think.
For only $25, I ordered a stick from Best Buy. Eventually, it will most likely be compatible with the SP3, and I already have a RocketFish that is. The additional functionality of the Fire Stick for half the price of the dedicated solution makes it a bargain for ME, but for someone who needs guaranteed compatibility (now), the MS dedicated solution might be best (although at twice the price).

GTiceman

For only $25, I ordered a stick from Best Buy. Eventually, it will most likely be compatible with the SP3, and I already have a RocketFish that is. The additional functionality of the Fire Stick for half the price of the dedicated solution makes it a bargain for ME, but for someone who needs guaranteed compatibility (now), the MS dedicated solution might be best (although at twice the price).

A co-worker of mine got the MS adapter and he loves it. I don't need immediate functionality and I believe the return policy is now extended as it is holiday shopping time, so I ordered from BBY as well. I am going to pick it up and test it out some and see what I can see.

So I noticed that my SP3 sees the FireTV Stick as a cell phone.

Last edited:
I got the MS Adapter and it works great, nice thing is you don't have to connect it to your wireless network. It has performed great with everything I have thrown at it, I did play a 6GB file and it wasn't choppy but it wasn't butter smooth either but hey, it was a 6GB video file so what do you expect.

GTiceman

I got the MS Adapter and it works great, nice thing is you don't have to connect it to your wireless network. It has performed great with everything I have thrown at it, I did play a 6GB file and it wasn't choppy but it wasn't butter smooth either but hey, it was a 6GB video file so what do you expect.
If there is a BF or CM deal on this I might just grab it