What's new

Solved Misaligned charm bar

Nicola

Hi all,

since some time I noticed a misalignment of my charm bar.
If I trigger it with my finger from the right, it is fine. When I scroll with the mouse from top or bottom it is highly misaligned.
I reset the Surface just yesterday (for different reasons, of course), but it didn't solve it.

I have attached screenshots. You can't see where the physical button is, but you can guess it anyway.

Did anybody else experience this?

Nicola

Attachments

• finger.png
    finger.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 435
  • mouse_bottom.png
    mouse_bottom.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 400
  • mouse_top.png
    mouse_top.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 452

malberttoo

Hi all,

since some time I noticed a misalignment of my charm bar.
If I trigger it with my finger from the right, it is fine. When I scroll with the mouse from top or bottom it is highly misaligned.
I reset the Surface just yesterday (for different reasons, of course), but it didn't solve it.

I have attached screenshots. You can't see where the physical button is, but you can guess it anyway.

Did anybody else experience this?

Nicola

Actually.... it's intentional. The thinking is, that if you summon the Charms bar with your mouse, the icons are all closer to where your mouse pointer had to be (top right corner). But if you summon the bar by swiping in from the side, then (the thinking goes) the icons are grouped closer to where your thumb probably is. If you invoke the Charms by bumping your mouse to the bottom right corner, then the icons will be grouped closer to the bottom.

Really sorry to hear you reinstalled because of it!:eek:

Marking as solved.

OP
N

Nicola

Actually.... it's intentional. The thinking is, that if you summon the Charms bar with your mouse, the icons are all closer to where your mouse pointer had to be (top right corner). But if you summon the bar by swiping in from the side, then (the thinking goes) the icons are grouped closer to where your thumb probably is. If you invoke the Charms by bumping your mouse to the bottom right corner, then the icons will be grouped closer to the bottom.

Really sorry to hear you reinstalled because of it!:eek:

Marking as solved.
Ok, I had the impression it started only in the last month or so...
p.s.: I reinstalled for different reason (battery drain and some services not working after restore back from win10)