What's new

Missing "Add wireless display" under charm bar.

amk.

Im having some issues trying to make Miracast work on my Surface Pro 2.

I had my surfaced updated before the Jun update and I had no "Add wireless display" link under the Project menu. I changed the Wireless driver to an older one and it came back. Miracast was working perfectly.

I then did the Jun update and the link dissapeared again, I changed to the older driver, but now the link does not appear! I cant add any Wireless Display anymore. I have tried .134, .150 and .168 wireless drivers, none of them worked.

In desperation I tried changing the intel drivers to no avail.

is there any kind of driver combination I should use to get my Miracast working again?

Thanks in advance~

benjitek

Wish I could help, but I can at least give you some company :-( I ran into the same issue. All this hassle when the update description states 'improved Miracast performance'.

Mine hasn't gone completely, it does sometimes work -- but mostly not at all. When it does work, connectivity is slow. Turning Bluetooth off helps. I have a 3 year old ASUS laptop that works every time with no issues in streaming speed.

All-in-all, I'd say the SP2 is a terrible ambassador for the SP3...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have any VLAN bridging software installed like virtual box? That typically disabled wireless displays.

OP
A

amk.

Do you have any VLAN bridging software installed like virtual box? That typically disabled wireless displays.
YES! Thank you!

Uninstalled VirtualBox and now the Add Wireless Display link is back, thanks a lot.

Now I just have to find a way to get both working together, or at least an easy way of getting both to co-exist somehow. I need Ubuntu from time to time.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
User the Hyper-V role that is native to Windows 8.x Pro and convert the VM to an VHD.....