What's new

Solved Missing keyboard lights

seyclone

I've had my SP3 (I5-128Gig) almost 3 months now, (Purchased after returning an iPad Air) and I'm very happy with my decision. Aside from weirdness in the various browsers, it's everything I expected it to be.

Yesterday, I noticed that the keyboard illumination had stopped working. I searched on the forum and found various opinions, (some confirming the maxim about opinions and the other thing we can't mention) but none that seemed to fit or work when I tried them. I did a hard reset and that didn't work. So, I decided to forget it for the moment and take it to Microsoft or BestBuy when I got home (traveling).

Got up this morning and turned on the SP3 - The lights are working - What's going on here?

Chuck_IV

Did you maybe hit the F1 button to dim/turn off the keyboard light? I did that once and wondered why my keyboard light was off until I happened to hit F2 to bring it back. F1 dims the keyboard lights all the way to Off and F2 brightens the keyboard lights.

OP
seyclone

seyclone

Did you maybe hit the F1 button to dim/turn off the keyboard light? I did that once and wondered why my keyboard light was off until I happened to hit F2 to bring it back. F1 dims the keyboard lights all the way to Off and F2 brightens the keyboard lights.

Son of a B---h! I think that was it. Pays to read the instructions :)