What's new

MLB.tv App

TeknoBlast

Have you guys tried out the MLB.tv app? I tried it for the first time last night and I watched the free game that was offered. The app is really nice and the picture, for being the free game, looked great. Too bad I cant see my team through MLBtv because I'm within territory.

HB_xxx

I subscribe to the game day audio and for some reason it only includes the video version. Not sure why. On every other device it supports both.

HB_xxx

And as someone from Irving might understand, I'm am completely getting screwed with watching baseball this year. I'm an Astros fan and they are no longer on fox sports net, but instead on Comcast sports which DirecTV does not support yet. I can't watch the Astros on mlb.tv because they are in my "region" so I'm stuck listening to them on the stupid radio. It is going to turn me into a Rangers fan just because they are on tv! Well, also maybe because they actually win games.....

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

And as someone from Irving might understand, I'm am completely getting screwed with watching baseball this year. I'm an Astros fan and they are no longer on fox sports net, but instead on Comcast sports which DirecTV does not support yet. I can't watch the Astros on mlb.tv because they are in my "region" so I'm stuck listening to them on the stupid radio. It is going to turn me into a Rangers fan just because they are on tv! Well, also maybe because they actually win games.....

Hey HB, I'm also an Astros living in the Irving area. How are you listening to the games on the radio? I've tried iHeartRadio and the opponents radio stations, but can never find the game.

There's a service that fools MLB.tv that you're in another state or country. That service is a monthly charge though. I might consider that later this season and see how it goes.

HB_xxx

mlb gameday audio or buy the mlb at bat premium app for ios or android. it's $20 a season. i'm not sure if they have it for windows phone. I would recommend the app over the gameday audio, because when you listen using the surface browser when the thing goes into sleep mode it shuts off the stream.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

HB, did you get an email offer from MLB.tv? It's an offer of 2.99 for one month. Then I signed up for one week free of unblock-us.com to trick the MLB system to think I'm in another location other than Texas. I hoping it will work. Testing it tonight.