What's new

Modern UI IE seems to have deleted itself!?

CrippsCorner

So on the desktop I use Chrome... but it doesn't seem optimised for Modern UI so I stick to IE.

I went to use it the other day, only to realise it wasn't there. I scrolled down to 'all apps' and found it, clicked on it, and it opened on the desktop? I tried un-pinning and re-pinning but again this was applying to the desktop only. I can't find the Modern UI version at all! Where's the little bugger hiding?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Did you make Chrome your default browser? If you did it disables the Modern UI version of IE. By making IE default you should get your Modern UI version back...

daniielrp

Did you make Chrome your default browser? If you did it disables the Modern UI version of IE. By making IE default you should get your Modern UI version back...

Yen it's a strange limitation, apparently you can only have 1 modern UI browser at once, which is a bit of a shame as IE is the best so far but it makes testing out others a bit more tricky,

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Chrome is my default on my desktop... I had this working perfectly before but when I re-installed Windows I'm now experiencing this issue. There is a way to have Chrome as the default on my desktop, and IE as the default on Modern UI, I just need to figure out how to get it back! :(