What's new

Modern Word Processor Discussion Thread

OP
G

goodintentions

UPDATE: Permanent fix with latest update version 6.1.0.0

I have found a permanent solution to the incompatibility issue that the recent windows system update introduced. I have implemented the solution and submitted an update to the windows store. This update will make Metro Word compatible with all MS system updates.

The new update, which should be version 6.1.0.0, is ready for download immediately.

Beside the fix to the incompatibility issue, I have also included in the update some animations to make the app more lively. Of course, if you don't like the animations you can always turn them off in the global settings menu.

I thank you for your patience. Phew.

Last edited:
OP
G

goodintentions

YAY!!!

After having worked on the equation editor on and off for several weeks, I finally got it to working perfectly. You can add, edit, and insert the equation into any part of the document. Woohoo!

screenshot.png

Last edited:
OP
G

goodintentions

Even though the system update that broke my app happened 2 weeks ago, people are still emailing me for help on why the app crashes. My responses have been the same: please update!

Speaking of update, this week's update adds a few background code that adds stability to the app as well as a graphical component that allows the user to choose any color in the visible spectrum for the color theme. The point is to give the user as much choices as possible.

screenshot.png

OP
G

goodintentions

I know that some people in the past have complained about the inking part in the handdraw feature being cumbersome to use. And I agree.

I've been working on an inking control for a line of business app for my company. It is 1000 times better than the code I used for Metro Word. Sometime this week, I will apply the new code from the line of business app to Metro Word.

OP
G

goodintentions

I am currently uploading the latest version of Metro Word. The user can now print individual pages, ranges of pages, etc.

Footer and header now shows up on printed pages. It was a bug that sometimes it showed and sometimes it didn't.

The user can now save custom colors for future use. The app will remember all colors the user picks.

colorpicker.png

A few other improvements behind the scene. But for the most part, this app is stable and primed.

Yeah, the packages are uploading as I type this. Keep your eyes open for this update in the next couple days.