What's new

Monitor arm with Surface Pro

Spaniard

2nd day with Surface Pro. It's very good as a tablet/laptop and I'm going to sell my desktop PC and monitor for sure, I'll only keep the external keyboard and mouse. I have a monitor arm and I'm thinking about keeping it and using it to hold Surface Pro in the air, near my sight. Then it would be a very good desktop with a touch monitor!
televisores-tooq.-soporte-tv-mesa-13-23-vesa-15kg-negro.jpg

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Well since the SP has no VESA mounting holes this could be a challenge. You could go with simple and cheap Velcro adhesive squares in lieu of screws for easy placement and removal. Given the SP's light weight I would think 4 squares would hold sufficiently.

Place the fuzzy ones on your SP so they don't feel scratchy.

VELCRO-SQUARES.jpg

tonyz3

you may be better off getting a case like one of these and rigging it to stick to the monitor holder so you dont put anything on the SP. you just have to slip it in and out of the case that is attached to the monitor holder. Amazon.com: MoKo Slim-fit Type / Touch Keyboard Cover Companion Sleeve Case for Microsoft Surface Pro 10.6" Inch Windows 8 Tablet, BLACK: Cell Phones & Accessories
it would probably be better to invest a little in one of these to attached the monitor holder. http://www.proclipusa.com/tablet-ho...tilt-swivel-and-spring-lock-541491-19259.cmsv

Last edited:

mitchellvii

you may be better off getting a case like one of these and rigging it to stick to the monitor holder so you dont put anything on the SP. you just have to slip it in and out of the case that is attached to the monitor holder. Amazon.com: MoKo Slim-fit Type / Touch Keyboard Cover Companion Sleeve Case for Microsoft Surface Pro 10.6" Inch Windows 8 Tablet, BLACK: Cell Phones & Accessories
it would probably be better to invest a little in one of these to attached the monitor holder. Microsoft Surface Pro Holder with Tilt Swivel and Spring Lock - ProClip USA

Could just drill some VESA holes in a cheap case and attach the case permanently to the arm. Good idea.

Ruffles

There are lots of generic tablet mounts for tripods etc. that could be adapted to work. Just search Amazon or B&H.com.