What's new

Monster ClarityHD Bluetooth Stereo Speaker

BWepp

I ordered this online (refurbished) for $39.99 on Monster's website. It normally retails at $99.99.
Monster Cable® Outlet Store

I'm quite impressed with the sound and portability of the unit. I was originally looking at the Jawbone Jambox, but didn't want to spend $130-$150. For $40, it's a no-brainer. However, it did take me two tries (pairing) to get it to work right, but that's not a big deal.

FWIW, I've also paired it with my Android (gasp) :shocked: phone, and it's a very nice sounding speakerphone. :cool2:

Surface5280

I have one as well and I love it! It's a great little speaker for the money. I got mine off of Amazon for $60. I have been having a problem with mine on the Surface though. When I initially paired it, it worked fine, but when I turned off the speaker and turned it on another time it would not connect? I had to unpair the speaker, then pair it again to reconnect it to the surface? Have you had any such issues with turning it on and off and the Surface reconnecting with it automatically? Thx

OP
BWepp

BWepp

I have one as well and I love it! It's a great little speaker for the money. I got mine off of Amazon for $60. I have been having a problem with mine on the Surface though. When I initially paired it, it worked fine, but when I turned off the speaker and turned it on another time it would not connect? I had to unpair the speaker, then pair it again to reconnect it to the surface? Have you had any such issues with turning it on and off and the Surface reconnecting with it automatically? Thx

Yeah, I had to do that last night. I played with the setting in the Device Manager and hope it doesn't happen again. The Surface recognizes it as two devices: a Bluetooth headset and stereo headphones.

Surface5280

Let me know if you run into the issue again. If you don't have anymore issues with it, please let me know what you did in settings to fix the fact that I have to re-pair the speaker every time I want to use it with the Surface is irritating.

OP
BWepp

BWepp

Let me know if you run into the issue again. If you don't have anymore issues with it, please let me know what you did in settings to fix the fact that I have to re-pair the speaker every time I want to use it with the Surface is irritating.

The major issue with the Monster ClarityHD is that it defaults to a headset (mono-phone) vs. speakers. Each time I turn it on I go to my sound settings in the control panel and right click on Monster Stereo Headphones (exact name escapes me) and "connect." Works every time.

Surface5280

Awesome! Thanks for sharing that with me, I was getting frustrated with the whole thing. That did work just as you said it would, I guess that makes sense in the fact that the Monster Clarity HD is also a speakerphone with a Mic that I have used on occasion with my phone. I wonder if you can use it with Skype, or apps that will let you video chat as well?