What's new

More and More updates as Anniversary approaches

Orlbuckeye

I've received updates 3 times in the last 2 weeks for my Surface. I installed some last night which were all Intel and a few for the camera. I guess this is an advantage of MS being the OEM is they have better control over the components updates. My Alienware only received updates once in the same time period.

Pwscott

Hmmmmm.....haven't received any on my SP4 here for some days here. I'm on Build 10586.494 and have been checking regularly.

OP
Orlbuckeye

Orlbuckeye

Hmmmmm.....haven't received any on my SP4 here for some days here. I'm on Build 10586.494 and have been checking regularly.

That's a insider build? I didn't receive any on my Alienware but received like 12 all Intel on my Surface Book which doesn't have an insider build.

Couple observations on the anniversary update:

- An issue I've had where two finger tap doesn't register and acts as a one finger tap has seemed to go away. I seemed to have this issue about 25% of the time when two finger tapping.

- Using the new pen options, opening OneNote 2016 doesn't work via the menu option, but works when selecting a "classic app." Same with sending a screenshot to OneNote2016. Can't get that to work. If the cursor is in a text field and I click the pen or double click the pen, I get the letters N or S when the options to open or send to OneNote 2016 are selected.

Edit: Amazing that I trouble shoot the pen click issue earlier and I find the solution minutes after posting this. In order for the pen clicks to work for OneNote 2016, you have to have the option of "place OneNote icon in the notification area of the taskbar" selected in options>general in OneNote

Last edited: