What's new

Moto Connect. Wow.

SRVwannab

As much as I love my SP3, I found myself carrying a MacBook (and an iPhone) because I LOVE being able to send and receive texts to and from my cell phone via my MacBook.

Well, now I'm carrying a new Moto X, and, using Motorola Connect on my SP3, I am getting all of my texts on my SP3. Love it. This might not mean much to anybody else, but this is game-changer for me and my desire to simplify my tech life.

kundas1

no I feel ya buddy, when I had my BB playbook and my BB touch phone, it was great replying to txt MSGs through my playbooks BT keyboard.. would luv luv luv to have that ability to tether my Lumia 1520 to my SP3 and reply to text messages through my SP3... MS should def do this!!

r0b123

For other Android users who don't have Moto X / Moto Connect, I highly recommend MightyText (mightytext.net). It does the same thing for sending/receiving texts via web browser (Chrome, FF, IE) and more. With my android (HTC One) charging, I can be working on my SP3 and send/receive txts, manage my phone apps and more.

I couldn't get Moto Connect to work with my Moto X 2014. Started using pushbullet instead. From what I hear, pushbullet has less lag and more features than connect anyway...

Nursedad

Another option is Pushbullet. Works great if you are using Chrome as your browser. I get all my texts / notifications and am able to reply. Call also transfer files between devices (e.g. phone to SP3 / SP3 to phone / tablet).

OP
S

SRVwannab

Thanks for the mightytext suggestion. I have enabled it and it works well. I think I prefer it to Moto Connect as it would allow me to go a different non Motorola device (I go through phones like people go through socks- always wanting to try something different) I can continue to use it.

I love my Apple products (really)- but, this is just one more case where I there was a non-Apple solution that I had no idea existed.

Thanks again for the suggestion on mightytext. Works great!

OP
S

SRVwannab

I have really liked my Windows phones, and I do believe that connectivity between the platforms is a huge deal. The only reason I'm still not carrying my 1520 is that my favorite Application ever (Audible) just isn't stable on the Windows mobile platform.

r0b123

Thanks for the mightytext suggestion. I have enabled it and it works well. I think I prefer it to Moto Connect as it would allow me to go a different non Motorola device (I go through phones like people go through socks- always wanting to try something different) I can continue to use it.

I love my Apple products (really)- but, this is just one more case where I there was a non-Apple solution that I had no idea existed.

Thanks again for the suggestion on mightytext. Works great!

Glad you like it! I've tried PushBullet in the past and haven't used it recently, but when it comes to texting and basic phone settings info, MightyText is usefully awesome. I also have a rMBP and they do have a beta app you can use (i think you have to request to sign up for it). But I also used the url (mightytext.net/app) on my ipad too so I can basically use any device/browser and access my phone to send/receive texts.