What's new

Mount micro SD

From A Buick 8

hello I just recently bought a used SP3 64gb, so far I like it. I have loaded Windows 10 on it. I m having issues with keeping the micro sd card mounted.

Is there a way to keep it mounted (want to use it as my media drive) if I can not keep it mounted is there a way to mount it without removing it and re-installing it.

OP
From A Buick 8

From A Buick 8

Thanks for that, but it does not seem to work right for me. Maybe it is because I am on Windows 10, or maybe because I can not figure it out.

leeshor

In Windows Explorer right click the SD - left click on properties - left click on the tools tab and then check now. Check BOTH boxes - then OK - OK

OP
From A Buick 8

From A Buick 8

In Windows Explorer right click the SD - left click on properties - left click on the tools tab and then check now. Check BOTH boxes - then OK - OK
thanks it checks out ok, one odd thing is it shows up twice, could be from the attempt to follow the instructions that Eldergeek pointed me too earlier. see picture
Screenshot (2).png

dld44

You may need to replace your USB Mass Storage Device driver (Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers > USB Mass Storage Device). The Realtek driver may be causing the problem. Replace it with the generic Microsoft driver, 10.0.10240.16384. This driver should be available on your system, so no download is necessary. Then, if the 9/15 Firmware updates are not already on your SP3, you may have to do this again after they are installed by the MS update process.

There is allegedly a way to turn off driver updates in W10. Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > System > Advanced System Settings (which gives you the System Properties menu) > Hardware tab > Device Installation Settings. Select "No, let me choose what to do" and then "Never install driver software from Windows Update". Check or leave checked the option following that one. But I believe this is a placebo like so many user options with W10, as I have that selected and it appears that MS updates drivers anyway.

See here for the original problem and here about the 9/15 updates.
DaveD

OP
From A Buick 8

From A Buick 8

You may need to replace your USB Mass Storage Device driver (Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers > USB Mass Storage Device). The Realtek driver may be causing the problem. Replace it with the generic Microsoft driver, 10.0.10240.16384. This driver should be available on your system, so no download is necessary. Then, if the 9/15 Firmware updates are not already on your SP3, you may have to do this again after they are installed by the MS update process.

There is allegedly a way to turn off driver updates in W10. Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > System > Advanced System Settings (which gives you the System Properties menu) > Hardware tab > Device Installation Settings. Select "No, let me choose what to do" and then "Never install driver software from Windows Update". Check or leave checked the option following that one. But I believe this is a placebo like so many user options with W10, as I have that selected and it appears that MS updates drivers anyway.

See here for the original problem and here about the 9/15 updates.
DaveD
Thank you for that, I will give that a try. I see where the Realtek driver is and looks like I can just uninstall it from the device manager. I am not sure how to then install the generic Microsoft driver, 10.0.10240.16384. Did a search for it on my c drive and did not see it.

dld44

You don't need to search for it. Press the Update Driver button, let the Update Driver dialog box search for it automatically, and it should find it, either on your system on online. It is the Microsoft generic USB mass storage driver, at the level cited.
DaveD