What's new

Mouse Keyboard Bluetooth problems

Twinstar

Hey,

i've got my Bluetooth Keyboard today and connected it with my Surface pr0 i3. It worked fine =)
Than i connected my bluetooth mouse (it worked fine for weeks) but it didn't work anymore (or lagged as hell).

So i found out that only the keyboard worked or only the mouse, but not both at the same time. This is sad and not what i have expected. TechSpec say it shouldn't be an issue, but it is -,-

And yeah i don't have the money for the overpriced Surface Keyboard =(

Mouse:
MS-TECH SM-E888B Bellus
https://www.alternate.de/MS-TECH/SM-E888B-Bellus-Maus/html/product/879922?
Bluetooth 3.0

Keyboard:

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6353416982.html?orderId=64676650386796
Bluetooth 3.0

Any ideas to fix this?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
A few things to try. Let's start with this:

Change the order of device pairing. Whatever the sequence was that failed, (keyboard first?), reverse it.

Let us know.

nipponham

Are you sure the mouse is Bluetooth 3.0? It looks like version 2.0... In any case, using multiple Bluetooth devices simultaneously is possible, but as with all cases, there are always exceptions. And most likely in this case, it is not a limitation of SP3, but with the older embedded stacks that your mouse and keyboard is using. Try using devices with version 4.0 and above and I'm more than certain that you won't have this problem.

daniielrp

Are you sure the mouse is Bluetooth 3.0? It looks like version 2.0... In any case, using multiple Bluetooth devices simultaneously is possible, but as with all cases, there are always exceptions. And most likely in this case, it is not a limitation of SP3, but with the older embedded stacks that your mouse and keyboard is using. Try using devices with version 4.0 and above and I'm more than certain that you won't have this problem.

Yeh the amazon reviews for that thing are a bit scathing and some do specifically mention the Bluetooth connection being a bit crappy. I'd agree that it is likely an accessory issue rather than surface - I have a MS mouse, keyboard and surface pen all connected and working fine at the same time.

DutchYee

Yeah, like above. I am reading a lot of Bluetooth issues. Maybe there are some drivers that can help you. Otherwise you should get another mouse. I really recommand to pick one from the Microsoft Mouse line. They are awesome!\

I got the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort mouse.

VickiFL

I got the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort mouse.

So do I! I love it too! I also got the Microsoft Wedge keyboard.

I didn't have any problems pairing either one of them to my SP3. I didn't realize it was problematic for so many people.

Last edited:

bluegrass

Twinstar - Welcome to the forum. Try what Colorado told you. Of course try removing the pairings and repair them to see if it will help. All I can tell you is that I have successfully connected a Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. I prefer now to use both in the USB format because it has been a pain in the butt sometimes to get them both paired and functioning, but it definitely can be done. It may be the drivers for one or both of your devices. I would also check their websites for newer drivers. I don't know whether you did check before you purchased but I always explore as many reviews as I can before purchasing stuff.

ptrkhh

Are you sure the mouse is Bluetooth 3.0? It looks like version 2.0...
Yep, the box says that
MS_TECH_SM_E888B_Bellus__Maus@@nmzvc9_box.png