What's new

Mouse moves on its own when closed

ericspt

This has been an issue since day one and it happens on both of your SB's.

The mouse will move on its own, or get stuck in the upper left corner of the monitor. It also detects the movement as clicks and causes its own set of problems.

Here has been the fix:

20151215_084954.jpg

A binder clip to hold it open enough not to touch, but not enough to have it think the laptop itself is open.

I'll make it to the MS store but I know the problem will be they cannot replicate the problem there. It usually takes an hour or two before it starts to happen.

Just wondering if anyone else is having that issue?

Wayne Orwig

Are you saying that the track pads detect movement when the cover is closed?
That might explain the dead batteries.

giliav

Check that your power supply has the ground connected (not all power sockets have them). I had this happen on another laptop I owned (Lenovo) whenever the grounding wasn't connected. Seems the metal body build up some static or something else which require grounding to prevent the random jitters.
I'm not 100% sure it's the cause here but it did happen to me on another laptop and this was the cause.

OP
E

ericspt

Please tell me you've got some protection wrapped around that clip o_O

I'm careful putting it there. Funny enough today is the first time I have not had it.

It may explain the battery drain. I've pulled it out of my bag after an hour drive and it was smoking hot.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mouse movement? Hmm, you may need a mousetrap or an exterminator. what genus is your mouse in? Looks like a common (Lenovocus musculus) red wheeled black mouse. :D