What's new

MS Excel 2016 Issues since last surface update

mfloski

ever since i did the last update, which I performed on the 18th of this month, MS Excel 2016 goes crazy. When I open a spreadsheet, the curser bounces all over the screen very quickly and rarely does it stop long enough to exit the program!!!! I have disabled the touch pad to see if that was the cause, it had no impact. Then I rolled back the driver of the display, which I believe was one of the things updated in the last update, it too had no impact on the issue. It's extremely frustrating and I use Excel heavily and need this problem to stop!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
ever since i did the last update, which I performed on the 18th of this month, MS Excel 2016 goes crazy. When I open a spreadsheet, the curser bounces all over the screen very quickly and rarely does it stop long enough to exit the program!!!! I have disabled the touch pad to see if that was the cause, it had no impact. Then I rolled back the driver of the display, which I believe was one of the things updated in the last update, it too had no impact on the issue. It's extremely frustrating and I use Excel heavily and need this problem to stop!
O365 or Full Install? If it O365 Update the install from File - Account - Update. Full Install you'll need to wait for Windows Update