What's new

MS pulls Win 8.1 RT update from the Store

demandarin

I don't think it affects people who successfully updated. I have 8.1mon my rt and pro running just fine. With all OEM's there can be corrupt downloads that occur from server overload and maybe not everything downloading to those people that its failed for.

Friday we received as an RT for my daughter; we went to update RT but it isn't there. Now I know why. Thanks for the update. We did do about a thirty item update however. That was this afternoon. Does anyone know what the issue is?

oion

Friday we received as an RT for my daughter; we went to update RT but it isn't there. Now I know why. Thanks for the update. We did do about a thirty item update however. That was this afternoon. Does anyone know what the issue is?

No one knows what the real technical issue is. There's a suspicion that it has to do with boot corruption early in the installation process, or something. A full restore (reset) is what fixes it. In any case, those who managed to upgrade without an issue can count themselves lucky, but I expect MS engineers are working overtime on this.

mitchellvii

I heard from inside sources that they all suddenly realized RT sucks and isn't worth an update. They are currently writing a public apology for ever creating it in the first place and changing all Surface 2's to Bay Trail.

Seriously :)

mattbratt

That has got to be the stupidest and least helpful reply ever.

By the way, I am enjoying my two Surface Pros and two Surface RTs. I find I use the RT 60% of the time at home. With my successful update (all four) to 8.1, I have been very pleased.

mdfire

I lost my keyboards by doing the update. MS agreed to exchange for a new surface however, I was able to download a recovery file for 8.0 from XDA developers site and now I'm back to 8.0 and the keyboard is working fine.

I was using the 8.1 preview since it came out and then the RTM that came out a while back. Makes me realise really how bad 8.0 RT was -:) really hope the update comes back to the store quickly.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

Chubnut

Updated my RT on Friday and it's been working beautifully! Was looking forward to doing my desktop at work tomorrow. Wonder why it's been pulled? Have had a few fairly big updates since Friday but haven't yet seen what they were for.

Hope the update comes back for tomorrow
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

mdfire

Updated my RT on Friday and it's been working beautifully! Was looking forward to doing my desktop at work tomorrow. Wonder why it's been pulled? Have had a few fairly big updates since Friday but haven't yet seen what they were for.

Hope the update comes back for tomorrow
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

You still can update your desktop...its just RT that's pulled

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

Glad to see that 8.1 RT is available again. Strangely we went through the firmware update which was extensive for the new RT as opposed to trying the update since we couldn't find it. Seems like the latest firmware rev would be required for the update anyway.

Agave Azul

I heard from inside sources that they all suddenly realized RT sucks and isn't worth an update. They are currently writing a public apology for ever creating it in the first place and changing all Surface 2's to Bay Trail.

Seriously :)

Are you serious?
I've been watching your replies for a few months now.
I waited for Haswell processors and the second release to buy the SP2.
Been using it for a few days now and for everything I do, it works wonderfully.
So, what is your issue so much about MS making these?
Maybe MS should hire you to keep you off of this forum.
They could use your endless energy in R&D.
You do address topics at times that are helpful,
BUT !
Your constant negative attitude needs a new home.
Sorry, but I've learned "ALOT" here on This Forum