What's new

MS stole my bweep!

mitchellvii

One thing that I can't get used to with the SP is that it doesn't make a sound when you click a link. Coming from Apple and Android, I am accustomed to a comforting little click or bweep or blorp to let me know I hit the link. With SP I have to look up to see if the next page is loading.

I guess MS focus tested this and decided that people actually don't like the bweep - dunno. I miss it.

tumblr_m3tgqjjdXw1qzx780o1_400.gif
MS Focus Group

Last edited:

Nuspieds

One thing that I can't get used to with the SP is that it doesn't make a sound when you click a link. Coming from Apple and Android, I am accustomed to a comforting little click or bweep or blorp to let me know I hit the link. With SP I have to look up to see if the next page is loading.

I guess MS focus tested this and decided that people actually don't like the bweep - dunno. I miss it.
So what you're saying is that there's some sort of short-circuit between the actions of your finger and your brain such that your brain doesn't know if you clicked or not? :LOL:

I know what you mean, though, but I've never been quite able to come down on one side of the fence on whether or not I like the click sound. It's always been 50-50 for me. But then again, until I read this thread, I hadn't noticed that the click sound was missing, so maybe I do like it silent after all. :)

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

MS apparently isn't into options. Can't let us decide if we want a Start Button or if we want to launch to Desktop or if we want to turn keyboard sounds down separately from system volume or if we want click sounds or if we want to adjust the kickstand. Lucky MS doesn't have control over whether or not I can scratch my ass.

Garyjk

first thing i turn off when i set up clients pcs they've purchased from dell. annoying, if you ask me.

vinumsv

Try Going to a Sounds under Control Panel

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Sound > Sounds

Then under program events
Select 'Start Navigation' option and set some sound to it :D

there you got your click sound ... This only works with Windows Explorer and I

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Yes I turn them off in the office as well but I WANT THE OPTION. I am tired of MS deciding what is good for me.